• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

i love vista!

tim

best thing yet is it's voice recognition feature in office.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkeC7HpsHxo[/YOUTUBE]

br3n

Hahah, Didnt one of the official relaease demo's of an operating system of theirs blue screen on startup? think it might have been 2000 or ME but still.... amusing :D

tim

br3n said:
Hahah, Didnt one of the official relaease demo's of an operating system of theirs blue screen on startup? think it might have been 2000 or ME but still.... amusing :D
yeah it did!

tbf apple have ****ed up a few times, but nowhere near as bad as this!

i just love the reaction:

"at least your happy!" :p

Levi

Staff member
Well voice recognition is pretty poor on most os's in my experience, it also has issues with regional dialects. Having said that its still pretty funny :)

Levi

Staff member
yeah but how old is vista compared with apple iphone voice recognition. Windows 7's vr isn't as bad as Vista's when it was when it was released, a few years is huge period of time in pc land :)

iPhone only really has a limited range of commands too iirc so there can be more variations used for analysis etc.

tim

no it's your momma.

and that's just one of the 150 voice commands there are... (i dont really know the number :p)

and does yours ever hear you wrong? mine dont!

Levi

Staff member
tim said:
no it's your momma.

and that's just one of the 150 voice commands there are... (i dont really know the number :p)

and does yours ever hear you wrong? mine dont!
Nope and it just amazes me that someone thinks that voice recognition on a phone is such an amazing NEW feature when its been around for years on these 'lesser' phones

Little brother - nah, more like the annoying little kid up the road :p

edit: ps I didn't take it to heart I had a meeting to attend hence my delayed replies, you know some of us work during the week :p