Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love DF, its great for problem solving.

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Jazajay, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

I was in the middle of writing out a problem in a new thread to see if anyone else could spot it and I just put it can't be that it's not finding it beacuse....
    And I thought to myself actually....

And what do you know I solved my 2 hour problem.

So thank you DF, you saved me a lot of time. :D

Appreciate it. :)
  2. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

It's good to have you back man :)
  3. I find its great for that too :) even with some of my more complicated questions LOL :)
  4. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I suppose explaining the problem to someone else can help you analise and solve it sometimes. Nice one.
  5. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Your mailform made my life loads easier!
  6. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

I know, I'm all ways talking to myself at work, ssssh George, ssssh you will get me in trouble, people think I'm like mad or something. :lol:

No but honestly it does drive people mad when I do it, but I all ways resolve my problem. My boss really hates it just so I can talk her through it and then go aww yeah of coarse, not that I am actually asking her opinion about it just so I can run it by myself I suppose, and yes occasionally I have done that. :D
    Because when I talk it out aloud, or write it down, my brain works harder to resolve it, I think its because of the stares and it gets embarressed TBH. :eek:

Do you mean the one in my signiture.
    If so not a problem.

Might do a revamped version soon, as I have learnt a lot from this forum so it's only right to give back to the community. Isn't that right George? :D
  7. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

It was indeed, first time I got it all working only to be told that the server didn't support php!
  8. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Not a problem MRP.
    Perosnally, you may have done so but to improve it add some padding to the textarea and input fields, a slightly pastal colour on :focus to both of those elements and a box-shadow: rule to the #feedback line to make it work in more modern browsers other than Chrome, Safari and Firefox. IE9 and Opera for example. If you need help implamenting/ adding more fields give me a shout.

But that does sound annoying, setup hosting the other day just to find out the provider didn't support Microsoft database, so really get where you are coming from.

I could have a go in ASP if you like?
    Kinda tought myself it recently due to a few work projects, but should be able to do it if you need it. :)
  9. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I did mod it a little. I'm getting a lot more comfortable with this coding malarkey. With PHP and java I'm getting to the point where I can understand what is going on, change/add what I need.

It was for a job whilst I was in Italy, so there may have been a break down in communication, its not a problem now. I've moved over to more CMS now, so plug in tastic approach saves the day!
  10. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

It's at times like these I wished I'd listened to what my mother used to say...
  11. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

"Shut up and eat your pie!"

12. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I don't know what she said...I didn't listen.
  13. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Was it like an episode of Snoopy?