I just want a job

hehoheho

I just want to get a design job, full time with minimum wage. Apart from that I expect no more
I have 30 years's experience...
I believe my portfolio is not that worst to scaring away employers...
I sent almost two thousand applications but just about 10 interviews...
Do the reason that I am a new immigrant from Hongkong and I am old (51) thus make it that difficult?
May I have your opinion please?

Well the link your portfolio doesn't work... haha

If you're that age with a good portfolio contact print companies and print logistic places - and offer your services as a freelance designer.

Where are you based?

Well the link your portfolio doesn't work... haha

If you're that age with a good portfolio contact print companies and print logistic places - and offer your services as a freelance designer.

Where are you based?
Tunbridge Wells...How to do so? Should I cold email those companies?
Many thanks at all

I'd email - then call later that day - ask to speak to manager in print or design.
I'd send it by post if I had to.

A good routine
Email about 9:15am (after everyone settled down and emails from night before dealt with - your email will be new and fresh in the inbox)
Call about 3pm if not heard back - if you get in touch then great.

If not - email again about 3 days later. Then phone again.
If nothing after another 3 days - then phone again.
Wait 7 days - then call again or send an email.

If you're not getting bites then move on.

If I got a random email - I'd file it away.
When someone emails me - then calls me then I'm interested.
If I can't take that call and they come back to me a few days later I find them more memorable.

If they keep it up - I will definitely look for a project for them to work on or at least have an interview with them.

Plenty of places have freelancers on their books for when they're too busy - or need maternity cover - summer holidays etc.

Keep going.
Email - Phone - Post - Call into them in person.

If you want work it won't fall into your lap.

I just want to get a design job, full time with minimum wage. Apart from that I expect no more
I have 30 years's experience...
I believe my portfolio is not that worst to scaring away employers...
I sent almost two thousand applications but just about 10 interviews...
Do the reason that I am a new immigrant from Hongkong and I am old (51) thus make it that difficult?
May I have your opinion please?
With 30 years' experience, you're selling yourself short just looking for minimum wage. Have you looked at freelancing and therefore presenting your services directly to businesses, rather than waiting for permanent opportunities to present themselves? And your portfolio link isn't working - I'd be quite interested in seeing what you have done.

Back