I Get It Now, One More Time..

illadeligut

Hello and thanks for reading this.
Apologies for the re-post, I couldn't figure it out earlier so the image got pushed way down the thread and I didn't want it to get lost.
This logo is a re-brand for a high end wedding band in their 6th year, located in the Northeastern United States.
Personally I think the font used for the word "Blue" is no good from a logo design perspective and will be difficult/blurry to read on far away prints.
Also I think the character spacing on Blue is a little wide.
Would it be neat if the circle started out slightly wider and tapered to a point at the end?
I would appreciate anybody's honest thoughts on any of these points and anything else, thanks!

I agree it's not the best font to use, needs to be bolder. The kerning on Blue looks ok to me, slightly out on the L and A of label, maybe just me.
Regarding the circle, we can't really comment on what we can't see - it might work.

Personally, it looks more like a logo for a high end water product than for a band. I would have a blue circle with Blue Label inside it - I don't think I've
ever seen a logo for a band like that, with a mark above it. They are normally just a namestyle.

Feels more like a clothing brand than a band, too corporate for a band. I think it needs to be more relaxed, less formal.
Thanks for the input! We are on the high end of bands in the area as far as price goes with our prime dates fetching $8k-$10k for weddings and corporate events at this point if that explains the corporate feel. Any thoughts on that "hollow" font? I can't stand it personally

Thanks for the input! We are on the high end of bands in the area as far as price goes with our prime dates fetching $8k-$10k for weddings and corporate events at this point if that explains the corporate feel. Any thoughts on that "hollow" font? I can't stand it personally

When I think of corporate events and bands I think of Christmas parties/dinners, award ceremonies. Although they are organised by a company they tend to be less formal hence the band, bar, people having a bit too much (or a lot!) to drink in front of their boss.

Wedding bands normally perform in the evening. The wedding itself might be formal but by the evening things have relaxed and a lot of guests will be worse for wear.

Just because your aiming at high end and corporate doesn't mean you need to replicate that style.

I'm not say go completely in the other direction (I'm thinking metal bands here) but those logos are way too formal.

The hollow type is too thin but the whole logo doesn't feel right with or without hollow text.

Nobody cares about your logo except you.

Bin the circle and just have the words Blue Label. Which incidentally makes me think you are a clothing brand.

When I think of corporate events and bands I think of Christmas parties/dinners, award ceremonies. Although they are organised by a company they tend to be less formal hence the band, bar, people having a bit too much (or a lot!) to drink in front of their boss.

Wedding bands normally perform in the evening. The wedding itself might be formal but by the evening things have relaxed and a lot of guests will be worse for wear.

Just because your aiming at high end and corporate doesn't mean you need to replicate that style.

I'm not say go completely in the other direction (I'm thinking metal bands here) but those logos are way too formal.

The hollow type is too thin but the whole logo doesn't feel right with or without hollow text.
Thanks so much for the input!

I agree it's not the best font to use, needs to be bolder. The kerning on Blue looks ok to me, slightly out on the L and A of label, maybe just me.
Regarding the circle, we can't really comment on what we can't see - it might work.

Personally, it looks more like a logo for a high end water product than for a band. I would have a blue circle with Blue Label inside it - I don't think I've
ever seen a logo for a band like that, with a mark above it. They are normally just a namestyle.
Thanks you for your valuable input!

Nobody cares about your logo except you.

Bin the circle and just have the words Blue Label. Which incidentally makes me think you are a clothing brand.
Yeah nobody cares that a logo looks like something designed by a blind 6year old kid with 2 fingers...who cares about the image of a brand? Who cares about inspiring professionalism and other qualities, about the brand identity? I wonder why there are still people who pay millions of dolors for their logo...and why is a whole industry around something that nobody cares...

Yeah nobody cares that a logo looks like something designed by a blind 6year old kid with 2 fingers...who cares about the image of a brand? Who cares about inspiring professionalism and other qualities, about the brand identity? I wonder why there are still people who pay millions of dolors for their logo...and why is a whole industry around something that nobody cares...

It is true - I was looking for a landscaper and he came to give a quote and the van was run down, no branding etc. The next guy that came to look at it had his van wrapped with his branding, had pens with his logo on it, business cards with his logo, and the logo was nice.

Needless to say I gave it to the guy with the nice logo and the nice branding.

It is true - I was looking for a landscaper and he came to give a quote and the van was run down, no branding etc. The next guy that came to look at it had his van wrapped with his branding, had pens with his logo on it, business cards with his logo, and the logo was nice.

Needless to say I gave it to the guy with the nice logo and the nice branding.
That's why we buy a Mercedes instead of a Toyota. That's why we prefer an apple instead of an HP...It's about the brand image and name that tell us that they paid attention to the details, that is premium. It's also about the status, one of the main desire of the human. Of course, if I have just 10k, I buy the Toyota, but if I would have 100k I would buy the Mercedes. Now the question is...Do you want to sell a Toyota or a Mercedes? What kind of clients do you want? Keep in mind that the poor ones are statistically more problematic.

You misunderstood my meaning. I’m not suggesting you don’t have branding, all I said was nobody really cares about your logo except you. Do you really care what branding a company uses? Or is it the brand you care about. They are not the same thing. Companies promote the brand not the branding.

The landscape gardener could have been a cowboy but you chose them because they had a nice logo. That makes no sense. The lady who does our garden has no branding but she has an awesome reputation. Her brand gets her new clients not a pen with a logo.

Think on the car adverts, they all promote some quality of the car or it’s drivability. The branding usually come right at the end. It’s the brand they promote not the branding.

Another thought. You want to buy a Merc because of the brand. Quality, comfort, reliability and so on. The logo identifies the brand. It doesn't matter what the logo is - as long as it connects you to the brand. You don't buy a merc because it has a nice logo, you buy a merc because it's a brand you can trust. The logo is just a symbol - the history of the logo and reason for the three points is irrelevant to you (but means a lot to the company).

Look at other brands and their logos have changed a lot over the years. They knew that the branding was less important than the brand.

You misunderstood my meaning. I’m not suggesting you don’t have branding, all I said was nobody really cares about your logo except you. Do you really care what branding a company uses? Or is it the brand you care about. They are not the same thing. Companies promote the brand not the branding.

The landscape gardener could have been a cowboy but you chose them because they had a nice logo. That makes no sense. The lady who does our garden has no branding but she has an awesome reputation. Her brand gets her new clients not a pen with a logo.

Think on the car adverts, they all promote some quality of the car or it’s drivability. The branding usually come right at the end. It’s the brand they promote not the branding.
Companies promote what they stand for. They don t just inspire attention to details and professionalism because of the great branding. But they also have a great branding because they pay attention to details. One implies the other and vice-versa. Branding because quality & Quality because branding. How would be to buy a car that have tv commercials filmed with flip-flop phone? If that is how much they care about their image i can imagine how much they care about the small details of their product or their customer service.
That's the reason why you come at an interview with a shirt. Because even if you are the smartest guy in the room if you are dressed like a homeless you will not even have the chance to prove yourself. You just show that you don't care enough or that you are really homeless(and most probably not a good fit for that job).
This is the old paradigm-The look doesn't matter...It matters. How many dates invitations receive a beautiful slim 24y girl vs a 300pounds woman? Yeah sure the inner qualities are very important. The look(branding) is not everything, but is what attracts me in the beginning to discover those qualities.
Branding is marketing, marketing is selling, selling is profit.

Yes I agree. But the actual logo isn't important. It doesn't matter a great deal what logo you use - it just needs to be professional and memorable.

The fine detail is irrelevant - can you accurately describe the Mercedes logos (there are many)? Or it is just the general shape you remember?

Back