Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am Dom.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Modermo, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Modermo

Modermo Junior Member

Hello, Hello, Hello

Looking forward to actively participating a forum which is design orientated.

Thanks guys

2. mrleesimpson

mrleesimpson Guest

Welcome Dom!

Why not tell us a little bit more about yourself?
  3. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Dom,

Welcome to Design Forums, as Lee says tell us a bit more about yourself, I take it you have previously participated in forums that are more web dev orientated? Like your avatar by the way :)

4. Modermo

Modermo Junior Member

Im a web designer based in Sydney, Australia. I started about 1 and a half year ago. Its been a pretty steep learning curve though. Not so much the development side of it (although I have learnt a heap in regards to that), but more design. Its definitely the direction I want to go.

I strongly believe the major determinant of how effective a site is visually comes down to its strength in branding. All my critiques of portfolios and sites usually stems from how well the company/site is branded.

Stylewise, I am obsessed with minimalism, but generally appreciate all styles. I think most sites should never have more than 3 major colours.

Aside from that, I love climbing (rocks that is) and listening to really, really good quality music.
  5. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hey Dom,

Thanks for posting some more info, we have a few members from Australia now :) so do you work as a freelancer or for a web design agency? It sounds like you've found the right forum, we have some great designers on-board here so I'm sure you'll find yourself in good company.

6. Modermo

Modermo Junior Member

Hey Greg

Technically, I'm a freelancer, but, I like to advertise myself as a "small web design studio". My site isn't finished yet, but I will give you a holler when it is.

7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Sounds good Dom, looking forward to seeing it once completed :)
    Thanks, Greg