Hyperweb logo

Paul Murray

Ultimate Member
Hey guys, I'd like some feedback on this logo concept.

It's for Hyperweb, a market research survey framework developed by one of my clients. The blocks that form the circular shape represent data from survey panelists, all being sent to a single point.

I know that it needs a bit of tweaking here and there (I'll probably change the typeface and drop the 'by Omnisis' bit) but how is it as an idea?

Attachments

• hyperweb.jpg
    hyperweb.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 68
Think it works well. The icon instantly suits the name which is great, and when colour becomes involved a dark to light graduation from outer circle to inner may give an even greater sense of movement.

Nice work!

Nice idea, although the graphic looks a bit unbalanced to me: I'd also like to see it with the random pattern (created by omission) around the edges with the circle completed as it reaches the centre: better message, I think.

looks nice for a start, are you keeping it in grey / white colour, i think adding some colour in some of the blocks might look nice going from say light green on outta to a deeper green on inner, also can try distorting the shape so its on an angle. just ideas tho :D

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Nice idea, although the graphic looks a bit unbalanced to me: I'd also like to see it with the random pattern (created by omission) around the edges with the circle completed as it reaches the centre: better message, I think.

That's a good idea, and as you say makes more sense. It's a bit of a struggle find the right amount of blocks so that it feels as though there's a lot of 'data' but it's still easy enough to make out at smaller scales but I'm working on it.

looks nice for a start, are you keeping it in grey / white colour, i think adding some colour in some of the blocks might look nice going from say light green on outta to a deeper green on inner, also can try distorting the shape so its on an angle. just ideas tho :D

For now I'm sticking to solid colour until I know the design works, though I have thought about using some of my client's brand colours for the blocks. They may not want it to be associated too closely with their current branding though. It's likely the logo could be displayed on a multitude of background colours since the framework can be altered by who ever is developing with it. That's something I'l need to think about.

...It's a bit of a struggle find the right amount of blocks so that it feels as though there's a lot of 'data' but it's still easy enough to make out at smaller scales but I'm working on it...

I know what you mean - a random pattern can be tough to pull off with any degree of elegance: not quite the same thing, I know, but the old Xerox logo pulled it off quite well.

I quite like the typeface you've used for Hyperweb. What is it? I'm with Dave on the circle element, I'd probably try balancing it out a little. It can still stay random, but in a more balanced way.

It's Familiar Pro, which is the same one I used on my business cards. I might change it for that reason alone, but I also haven't checked if it's ok to use in logos. It has a hefty, rounded, softness to it that I was looking for though.

I sort of agree with everyone else on the balance if the graphic, but I'd be inclined to go the opposite way for a fix - unbalancing it more to make it look intentional. Possible take a few of the segments and extend them outside the boundary of the out circle. Just a thought...

As a whole I'm liking it lots! Great work :thumb:

Thanks, I'm putting it on the back burner for a while whilst I finish some other stuff. I have a vision in my head of how I want it to look and unfortunately this attempt is nothing like that :p

I really like what you have so far. Have you considered expanding the circular pattern by increasing the gap between each piece to make it more spaced out?

Back