Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTC Desire

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by allyally2k, May 10, 2010.

1. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

I just upgrade to one. Couldn't decide between that or the BlackBerry Bold 9700 but went for the HTC as it has a lot of great reviews including this one beats the iPhone! Well i'm liking it so far! :up:
  2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I'll be getting one either tomorrow if I can wangle carphone warehouse down by 10-20 quid or waiting til the 24th as I'm buying sim free.

Was waiting on a nexus one being released properly in the UK sim free (didn't want to import) but it's not happening so going for the next best option lol. Just got to rip off the sense ui as that is god damned ugly in my opinion.

And lastly - thank god someone else doesn't want an iPhone lol
  3. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Ha yeah i'm bored of the iPhone, I mean I can't knock it, the iPhone is fantastic but I have the iPod touch and my bf got an iPhone, so I definitely wanted something different! The desire is meant to be better than the nexus one...
  4. Levi

I'd argue the other way on the nexus one, it's a 'google' phone so will be updated first, it has 2 mics, it hasn't got sense, there's a cyanogen mod (faster os etc) for it, it's got the car dock and desk dock.
    It also has the standard google home screens, speech to text, voice search, google 3d gallery which have all been removed in htc's wisdom on the desire although luckily they can all be added after installing a decent file manager :)
  5. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

That's all went straight over my head lol, but I tell you it does have the voice search! I was well impressed yesterday when I tried it out!
  6. Levi

does it, everywhere else has shown that as missing, one less thing to install :)
  7. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

I'm also getting a HTC Desire in a few days, can't wait! :) Considered the Iphone for a while, but the camera is way better on the HTC, and it supports Flash as well which is a big plus for me.
  8. I looked at the HTC desire, but I have an iPhone already, and don't need to upgrade or change :) so i'm just going to stick with what i've got :) though the Desire does look like a good phone :)
  9. Levi

I'm just hoping that due to the similarity between the desire and the nexus one that froyo (2.2) doesn't take for ever to be transferred over as thats meant to be out in about a month.

Might have to use a custom rom if it comes to it :(
  10. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Picked up my desire today, strongly considered the iPhone, however, the desire pipped it for me, with what I require from it and also its slightly more open sourced then say the iPhone. Other plus point was its a free upgrade and didn't need a cash upfront and larger monthly tariff with my provider that I would have had with the iPhone.
  11. mrDerek

mrDerek Member

Levi, you can buy the desire from

I've been looking at the HTC desire, been going back and forth for getting a new phone for a while. Jumped from the nokia n97 mini, to the iPhone then to the desire and then all over the place.

Not in any mad rush for a new phone so going to wait on all the iPhone 4 hype. Plus I'm hearing that phone tarifs are going for a major plunge starting next year.
  12. Becky

Becky Member

same here! I'm eligible for an iphone upgrade now (as Orange keeps reminding me) but I think I'm going to wait a couple of months. I reeeeeeally like the look of the htc desire, but I've been lusting over an iphone. Choices, choices!
  13. Levi

mrDerek, I'm in no rush, could have bought it from expansys but as I'm in no rush intend to save some money lol. One benefit of waiting is theres a google/andoid show on wed/thursday of this week so there may be new phone options etc :)
  14. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Well i'm still loving my desire!!
  15. Calvin_T

Calvin_T Member

Yea I'm counting down the days to my upgrade. Kinda peeved that i cant grab a nexus one on any decent uk network providers. So Desire it is. END OF NEXT WEEK!