Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hows England?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by br3n, Mar 24, 2009.

1. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Cos Australia is pretty f'kin good!

Attached Files:

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

3. br3n

br3n Senior Member

:D when you heading over greg? I've decided I dislike sydney, be interesting to see what you make of it.

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Leaving on Thursday!! :up:
    Heading to NZ for 2 1/2 weeks, then over to Sydney on April 14th, how comes you disliked Sydney? where abouts are you now?

5. berry

berry Active Member

A lot of people are'nt too fussed on Sydney.
    I prefer Brisbane as a city. I'm jealous.

6. br3n

br3n Senior Member

I just didnt really like it or the people that much, the beach (bondi) is nice but a little dull in the evenings - its a nightmare to drive around and when you get used to the helpful attitudes of people from everywhere other than sydney it becomes a little like london, definately go there but also check out Manly (close by) before heading up the coast! The picture of the rope swing and also the beach path are in Lenox Head, a lovelly small-ish town just south of byron bay - imo definately worth a visit.

I've uploaded quite a few pics onto facebook for anyone thats interested
    Brendan Patterson - Brighton and Hove | Facebook
    Feel free to add me.

Berry, I still cant believe im here, kind of taking it all for granted - the pictures really do make me realise how amazing it is though.

7. hope you're having a blast Brendan :) we are expecting a Postcard here at DF :lol:

8. captainrage

captainrage Senior Member

How the hell are you people managing to afford traveling?!

I can barely afford bread.

9. they all saved lots of money I think... either that or just earn alot.. or live at home (there-in not spend as much money on rent etc). Or inheritance (thats how i got over to New Zealand back in 2002).

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

Save, save, save & still living at home with parents :)

11. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

It's all about living at home with the parents :D

12. captainrage

captainrage Senior Member

Ah, that makes me feel somewhat better.. Thanks losers..

13. Timmo

Timmo Member

I'm off over there for 3 weeks next year. Going to Coloundra, Queensland.

14. pangolin

pangolin Member

Box some up and send it this way? Scotland is blimming freezing, next time I'm visiting my brother I'm making sure it's in the middle of Summer

15. Greg

Greg Active Member

I'm glad it does :p
    That could have been your 100th post!

16. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Depends on where you travel and the way you travel as well. I don't live at home and I managed to save up £3000 in 7 months on a 19K salary a couple of years ago and that lasted me for 6 months in South East Asia (Can I have a medal please :)). I just didn't go out at all, didn't buy any new things, and brought my lunch to work everyday. And your money can go far in developing countries. You can get basic guesthouse rooms for about a dollar a night and a meal for 50p in Laos for example.

Just to make you feel shit again..lol :)

17. berry

berry Active Member

something for the house boys..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]