Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howdy

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by glassbowl media, Sep 2, 2009.

1. glassbowl media

glassbowl media Junior Member

Hey everyone... been looking for a decent design forum that's not full of 'GFX Kids' for ages... i think i might be in the right place.... So hi!

2. Welcome to the forum :) why not tell us more about yourself? :)

3. glassbowl media

Er... I'm 19, I work as a Creative Designer for Web Services Ltd, have done for about 7 months now, and i've recently set up Glassbowl Media. Influences are probably Saul Bass and Giambattista Bodoni. Proficient on pen & paper, Fl, Ps, Dw, Quark, the usual crowd.

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Welcome aboard Glassbowl!

I think you may have found the right place too, at least I hope so!
    Do you have a portfolio up online, always good to check out new members work :D

Cheers,
    Greg

PS- Please don't be concerned with all the 'superhero' avatars going on, for some reason we have a monthly avatar theme!?

5. glassbowl media

I've been working on it today...

glassbowl.co.uk

having a stress with some DIV's at the mo *finds nearest blunt object*

6. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Don't worry, this place isn't full of kids. However sometimes you may confuse Chris for a kid.

Welcome to DF.

7. nice site :) and don't worry we all hate divs from time to time

Enough of that young Michael :p

8. glassbowl media

I'm about ready to threaten Dw with a table if it doesn't start working soon. It's the min-height attribute. bl**dy thing.

9. I would get out of Dreamweaver and open it in Notepad++ if on PC or another text editor and change it there instead.. Dreamweaver can cause grief for no reason at all :)

10. glassbowl media

but it's comfortable, and i've built the stylesheet from scratch anyway, there's no reason it shouldn't work. eugh. i'll just get on with the spotify api instead. lol.

11. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

That's a good point, I would be a shocked if i was new to DF also. Welcome to DF :clap:

12. berry

berry Active Member

Welcome to DF.
    Pen and Paper are good tools, they never need upgrading - unlike Tim who will upgrade to Juvenile status when his balls drop

13. glassbowl media

oo, i like pen and paper! :D favourite tool of them all. hehe.

14. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Welcome aboard mate!

15. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Holla bud, welcome...