Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howdie

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by sabian1982, Oct 15, 2008.

1. sabian1982

sabian1982 Member

I seem to spend the majority of my working hours stuck on forums these days- so i thought i'd come join another one (but only as i was asked nicely).

I'm Mike, a freelance web designer based over in Nottingham but i also run a number of other projects and am currently working on a new business which should hopefully be up and launched for the beginning of 2009!

2. Mike

Mike Senior Member

Hi mike!

good to see another!

out of interest - did you ever try Mick on for size? I did and my friends laughed and said i wasnt "manly" enough

3. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hey Mike,

Good to see you here and this is a really nice forum so I had to invite you! :)
    That sounds exciting, any more details to be revealed or will it remain confidential?

Greg

4. sabian1982

sabian1982 Member

Nope, Mike is definately better than Mick (which shoulds like something else lol)

@ Grey you know what it is but soon it shall be revealed to the world- well ok, more the UK than the world, but you know what i mean.

Multi quote would also be a good addition :)

5. Greg

Greg Active Member

You must admit it was a pretty good guess - with no clues what so ever! lol
    On the case with the multi-quote, it's been added to my DF to-do list :up:

6. sabian1982

sabian1982 Member

You'd wish you'd never asked about forum feedback :p

I'd like to make my signature different colours :p

7. Greg

Greg Active Member

There's a small thread going with a few feedback comments - http://www.designforums.co.uk/feedback-ideas-df-news/9-testing-launch-date.html and yes feedback is always appreciated!

The signature colours is actually mentioned in that thread, and the original decision/thought behind it was again in keeping the forum un-cluttered by keeping signature links in the greyscale, think it's a step too far?

8. sabian1982

sabian1982 Member

I think if you could limit the colour palette to pastal colours to fit in with the design (ie discard the bright reds, green etc) then yes it would work- otherwise nope as signature information would become too distracting.

9. Greg

Greg Active Member

Will see what's possible, as far as I know with standard vB options it's just colour on/off for usergroups, there might be a plugin around...

10. red tiger

red tiger Member

Hiya Mike, good to see you here matey! :)