How would you do it?

wac

I'm starting work for a new client tomorrow. They want a better version of this logo:

logo3.jpg

And they're quite keen on keeping the frayed/jagged edges style. So has anyone got any 'quick' methods for producing a similar effect in Illustrator or Photoshop?

JamesBrentwood said:
You could then simply draw one line and use a crazy brush, instead of drawing a ton of lines by hand.

I'd say something similar, print this one out, and get the pens/pencils out.

Is it just me that thinks this logo would look a lot better without the rough edges?

I think the logo would be better if the edges weren't so ragged but the client has assigned a meaning to them.

shapes.png

I presented them with some concepts but they want something in-between b/c, I'll have another crack tomorrow.

Looking good, I think I like the wider top row, I'm not sure how I feel about the sketchiness, part of me likes it, the other doesn't. Without it, it might be too bland, I'm thinking.

Have you tried adding some texture to it by using dashed/dotted lines rather than the sketch effects?

Or maybe using multiple shapes offset slightly?

1(in general) looks less phallic...

I would present all 3 to the client and let them make up their mind. You can guarantee they will chose the one you like the least, but at least you tried!

mrp2049 said:
You can guarantee they will chose the one you like the least, but at least you tried!
Yeah I've read somewhere, the less choice you give a client the better, unless you yourself are really torn between two things you feel are just as strong.

I prefer 2c, but with less scribbly lines. They need to be longer, more continuous strokes, to be like the original visual.

I would do it by hand or in Photoshop as long as you have a tablet.

JamesBrentwood said:
Yeah I've read somewhere, the less choice you give a client the better, unless you yourself are really torn between two things you feel are just as strong.

When you have sketchy details, I am all for sending 3 versions, clean, messy, complete mess as it shows them where it can go.

Plus it saves the "I like it, but..."

Does anyone know of a good handwritten style type to replace the one the strap-line, which I believe is Bradley Hand?

AKA Dora is alright, bit rough around the edges.

Freehand 575 also good.

Hand of Sean, also good, but done the rounds a fair bit.

Honey Script, see above.

Koala, not free, but good.

Prelude FLF, a lot of character.

Back