How would I write a Bid Proposal?

I don't know whether its the approach, deliverables and timelines

I'd say all of those. As a starter for ten;

• Quote the brief
  • Detail what you will be providing (i.e. if a logo for instance say if you will be providing EPS files or if you will be doing three initial designs and then two revisions)
  • Detail and significant exclusions (i.e. what you will NOT be doing)
  • Say how long it will take you/timeline and any key delivery milestones (i.e. you will have initial designs in two weeks and then two weeks for revisions)
  • Most importantly your price for the work
  • Your payment terms and a copy of or a link to your standard Terms & Conditions

They may also like examples of similar work or a link to your website and you might even go so far as to say what will happen if the whole thing goes pear-shaped, i.e. how you will handle complaints/disputes.

I guess if they want much more they'll come back.

Pretty much what Corrosive said. Try and explain everything clearly, detailing the benefits of them hiring you. Highlight any key experience or knowledge that you can bring to the brief.

However, from personal experience of People Per Hour, more often than not the winning bidder will be whoever bids the lowest, no matter what you write.

You may as well give it a shot, you get 10 free bids so you never know you may get lucky. Just be sure to 'shop around' before you bid :icon_smile:

Yep. Wouldn't bother. Someone will do it for peanuts, and that's what the people who place jobs on those sites are looking for.

Thanks for this, was slightly dubious about offering services on the cheap. Does anyone know of websites where I could tender for pitches?

Back