How would I go about creating a cartoon image like this?

Arcadia

Hello all,

I am new to this forum so I apologise in advance if this is in the wrong place. I've recently started watching iZombie and I can't get over how amazing the cartoon-style images look.

Is anyone able to tell me how I could take a video still screenshot and turn it into a work of art like this. Or can anyone here do this?

Thanks,
Arc x

Attachments

• iZombie.jpg
    iZombie.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 26
This is hand-drawn so you'd need to draw over a video still to get the best results. There's a photoshop filter that does a kind-of cartoon look and gives elements black outlines, but it's not perfect.

Maybe it's not the best image to reproduce as it's got a guassian blur on it to add depth of field.
If you'd got a really high res image it 'may' be able to do an image trace in AI but I'd guess if you wanted a decent result it's need to be re-drawn which is pretty easy but a bit time consuming.

If you're talking about the credits to the show, it's just straightforward comic book illustration on separate layers.

(A Scanner Darkly was a film produced using a combination of live action and animation)

Back