How to represent ideas?

blackdesigns

I am currently idea generating, I was wondering if there were any symbols, other than a lightbulb, that symbolise ideas?

Yes, always tricky.

Apart from the obvious question mark, you could go with a man with his index finger pointing up or a
palms-up pose?

I suppose brain, question mark, cogs inside a head and maybe a spider diagram approach to displaying the info are others I can think of

I sometimes use scientific iconography, beakers, flasks etc to represent 'experimentation'. That's where a lot of ideas come from, not from out of nowhere like people assume, but from playing around and trying new things. Anyone who sits around waiting for inspiration to strike will never get anything done.

Anyone who sits around waiting for inspiration to strike will never get anything done.
Although often as not going away from the project and doing something completely non design related often can give you an idea... the amount of times an idea has popped into my head while I am trying to sleep or while I'm doing something else is just stupid... note to any aspiring designers, take a small notepad and pen with you EVERYWHERE :)

Back