How to merge 2 photos into 1?

NJstudio33

Hi all i am a newbie here. I went to school years ago for Graphic Design found that i am more of an Illustrator than anything. Though i love to design and manipulate images in photoshop it is still hard for me. I am trying to learn how to merge 2 photos into 1. I took a picture of a swirly playground slide and thought it'd be cool in photoshop to have that as a piano keyboard for a design im working on. I cannot figure this out. I was unable to insert the 2 photos i had in mind, because the file is too large. But if you could just image 2 files becoming 1. For example taking a picture of a huge ..... idk carrot and it becoming(or replacing) a pencil. Something silly like that would be dope. ....but can anybody help me or point me in the right direction. Please keep in mind though i do not and cannot afford (yet) the newest adobe photoshop cs 6 or subscriptions at this time. I have adobe photoshop cs 2. Which is good enough for me for now.

thank you.

Sounds like you need to get to grips with alpha masks. This should be a good place to start – https://photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/blend/blend.html

If you're having trouble importing images due to file size limits, save your Photoshop document as a .PSB rather than the default .PSD. This is basically a large document format.
Hello paul, I also have the problem. The article which you gave is really effective. the trick is working & it's so much easy. Thanks for your contribution.

Back