how to link projects to main page pics

Arkamelis

Hi to all
again sorry for the noob questions, again i am totally new to web site building and trying to learn and do things on my own. So what i wanted to know was, how do i link info ( txt info ) that i have just put into a project to the pictures i added also which show on the mine home page. on the home page the picture are there on a scrolling section, when i hover over the image a small Eye icon shows, when i click the image ( which are my services ) it just reverts back to home page. what i want to happen is it go to the info i have just added in the project. 67476748

The answer depends of what theme you are using.

But the normal way to do this is create a post for each of your services and then set up the homepage to display your recent posts. You are using the owl slider that appears to only link to images not posts or pages.

However, as I mentioned in your other thread this is the wrong theme for your business. If you want to generate new leads for your business you need to rethink your design strategy.

Realised I haven't properly explained why it's not a good theme.

People will only ever be on your site because they need help with an infestation. It follows therefore that they will be looking for a particular animal/insect and from there they want information about what you can do to solve the problem.

This means the homepage need to do only one thing: show a list of the infestations/problems you can deal with.

Add a page for each service, a call to action and some testimonials and that's it.

Every thing else is superfluous.

Bin the hero image, the 4 boxes and the slider. All you need is a grid with featured images and links.

Hello Fisicx
Do you have a sample of the theme/template you have and say will be ideal for me ? i have taken onboard all that you have said and happy to try something els.
i have looked at the free ones that come with W/P also i think the Elimentor plug in, also comes with some free themes, i haven't looked at them yet i was going to wait to here back from you first. One thing i would like to do if possible is be able to change the back ground colour at the very top of the page ( not the header ) the section above that where you put your logo on the left
side and can put your contact details on the right side, then a section below that for a header. The theme i have ( forest theme Garage workshop ) you cannot change the colour of this section has it is a liquid section and it is the colour that you choose for you main background colour, so the main pages i wanted to be white, but the the very top ( logo ) section wanted it grey . hope you can help or advise me. thank you Matt

@Arkamelis - Forget the theme for now. Focus on creating content. One post for each type of pest and how you can help.

That theme has all the same problems as your current theme. The main one being the huuuuge hero image/slider.

Don't use the Elementor or any other page builder - they just add unnecessary code. Most people looking for your services will be using a mobile phone so the layout needs to be simple.

Look at this theme: https://tradesman-theme.co.uk/

You would have each pest type in the grid, there is an intro to the business, calls to action, contact details, calls to action and built in SEO. It's very simple and effective. You don't need lots of fancy features, you want people to pick up the phone and call you.

yes i see your point basic, but works. its not a free site the tradesman one ? has for content for the site i have been working on this and i have enough to start putting the theme together.
wordpress has some free themes and there is a basic one called the 2019 theme, what's your thoughts
appreciated Matt

The tradesman theme is free. Just click on the download link

2019 is OK but you will need to install a whole bunch of plugins to get all the necessary functionality

Hi fisicx, that's the thing i have downloaded it and its in my documents and when i go to wordpress i go to add new theme ( upload one ) i then drag the folder to the the centre and it doesn't install or activate it, what am i doing wrong ?

followed the instructions and its not working, i have even checked the contents of the file and there's no Zip file which its suppose to be opening, can you try the same link and see if it loads for you ?

Back