Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Design Responsive Website

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by Lata Joshi, May 10, 2015.

1. Lata Joshi

Lata Joshi New Member

Hi,
    My website is not responsive I want to redesign my website. but I have't knowledge of responsive website designing.
    Please assist me from where I should get start.?

2. If you are advertising as a website design company then surely you already know how to design a responsive website?

3. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

I would just make a stand alone mobile website, rather than trying to make your current one responsive.

4. BJ2DESIGN

BJ2DESIGN New Member

5. benecklary

benecklary New Member

your signature itself you mentioned website designing company in new delhi you are the company, then you well aware of what is responsive website, and how to develop website. what is the point you asking this in forum

6. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Well I'm glad someone actually tried to help, rather than criticise. +1 to you BJ2DESIGN.

I would highly recommend the Book Apart book for sure. Ethan's book that basically brought us responsive web design, it really does explain everything you need to know. If you need an e-book of it, let me know. I have a spare copy I got, I have a code to get one. You can have it for free if it will help you.

7. Gareth-AWD

Gareth-AWD New Member

All I would say is stay away from bootstrap, it can be the easy way out for responsive web design for some but I really don't agree with it's methods.

8. Carolyn

Carolyn New Member

Really, why would a web design company ask how to make a responsive web design!

9. HippySunshine

HippySunshine Senior Member

I am brushing up my coding with Treehouse and that has been a big help for me with responsive design.

@glenwheeler - I want that book

10. Gary Henshall

Gary Henshall New Member

I have used Bootstrap quite a bit. What parts of Bootsrap do you disagree with?

11. cpking

cpking Member

you could use wordpress cms with responsive themes which will make easier to create responsive website.

12. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

So we can all see that the OP may not be in the best place to offer a commercial web development service (regardless of their signature links) but at least they're asking for help to develop their current skillset!.. which, is more than most would do!

If you want to learn responsive design, forget content magement systems for a few days and start googling things like 'simple grid", "Skeleton CSS" or even just "CSS Boilerplate". Get your head around a pre-defined, responsive css library, modify t to suit your needs and then implement it into your existing sites.