How to create halftone vector?(without plugins)

nayan

Hey guys,
I recently was trying some things out for a project. And wanted to create a halftone vector halftone_thumb.jpg
something like this.In Adobe illustrator but All i can manage to create was a rasterized halftone.
With the applying the color halftone effect in pixalated under effects in adobe illustrator.
Now does anyone know to create vector halftone in adobe illustrator?

Attachments

scotty

Staff member
There is a stand alone program called Vecoraster and you could download a free trial of it.

It's really good as it gives you perfect halftones and not the blobby image trace in Ai.

The trial version puts a kind of watermark on the halftone and saves out as a PDF but you can easily delete that if you open it up in Illustrator.

nayan

Thanks bro,This really helps a lot.
The project i was talking about here was thisimage_processing20190818-11682-12qu1af.pngimage_processing20190818-27458-ofzh1b.png
Here you can see the shading which not dont fully,looks too rasterized.These are two Fortnite Pinatas :D

scotty

Staff member
If it's just for shading then you should be able to download some halftone patterns and use the pathfinder to clip them out.
If you struggle to find any, I have a set that I used in this vid and I can pass them on to you.

nayan

Thank you very much for this help man,i dont need this time i am trying move with something else now , But its very helpful of you.
Also the illustration video is awesome man,the end result looks wonderful man