How to create a html contact form. Copy and paste and jobs a goodun.

It can go into any page, you just have to make sure that the page is named .php integration depends on how you style it with the CSS

Spot on becky for the save. :)
Encase anyone else has a similar issue the whole code is a stand-alone page but if you remove the html, head, meta, title and body tags it can then go inside any page you like.

Any issues give me or Becky a shout and I'm sure one of us/others will be able to lend you a hand. :)

If you get a 500 error submitting the form

Uploading this to Heart the other day I got a 500 error, after talking to a muppet in support who said it was totally my fault and me coding in an error, then also accusing me of deleting the config file twice when I didn't even see it once, I pointed him to several versions, one on a development server, one with realtime, not sure if I also pointed him to rogerneedle.com which uses a very similar one on ukhosts4u, this thread which no ones reported it, that where working with no problems and all on different servers with different hosts he gave me the error code, but still insisted it was my error. :mad:

Now if you get a 500 error code it is down to how THEY have configured their server.
The fix to get around this bad configuration is to change how you write the headers .= variable to this:

$headers="MIME-Version: 1.0\r\nContent-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\r\n".$email."\r\n";

It all needs to be on one line and the From: Your site needs to be removed as well otherwise it generates the error.

Anyone has this error let me know if this doesn't fix it and I'll have a look for you. :)
Thought I would update anyway.

Jaz

Back