How to convert to other formats

S

samrodrick

I am new to .ai and have a new logo that I need to convert to the following formats but cant seem to figure out how? Can someone help.

This is what I need:
logo_final_layer.ai
logo_final_curved.ai ( I dont know what that means?)
logo_final.ai

Then I need the following:

logo in cmyk 300 dpi.tif
logo in 300 dpi in .jpg
logo in .pdf
logo in .psd
logo in .tif
curved in .eps
logo in gray scale .jpg
logo layer .psd
grayscale 300 dpi .gif
rgb 72 dpi in.bmp
rgb 72 dpi in.gif
rgb 72 dpi in.jpg
rgb 72 dpi in .png

I know this is a lot...does anyone know where to find out how to do all these different formats. Im new to .ai so you will have to be clear!
I REALLLLLY appreciate any help I can get!

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Web Application Development

Okay, the first 3 are just files that are named differently as far as I can see as they still have the extension of .ai I think when it says curved, what they mean is they want to have all the text outlined.

To do this select all of the text on the art board and then from your dropdown menus chose Type > Create Outlines

As for the others:

logo in cmyk 300 dpi .tif = File > Export > Save as File Type (choose TIFF from the dropdown) > Save (You will then get a screen where you can chose resolution and colour format - 300dpi / CMYK)

logo in 300 dpi in .jpg = File > Export > Save as File Type (choose JPG from the drop down) > Save (You will then get a screen where you can chose resolution and colour format - 300dpi / CMYK)

logo in .pdf = File > Save As > Save as File Type (choose PDF from the drop down) > Save (You will then get a screen where you can chose PDF format. The best one to chose is Press quality) NB. Make sure you have all text converted to outlines before saving as a PDF.

logo in .psd = File > Export > Save as File Type (choose JPG from the drop down) > Save (You will then get a screen where you can chose resolution and colour format - Flattened - 300dpi / CMYK)

logo in .tif =File > Export > Save as File Type (choose TIFF from the dropdown) > Save (You will then get a screen where you can chose resolution and colour format - 72dpi)

curved in .eps = File > Save As > Save as File Type (choose EPS from the drop down) > Save (make sure you have converted all text to outlines for this one as I have explained at the top of this post)

logo in gray scale .jpg = File > Export > Save as File Type (choose JPG from the drop down) > Save (You will then get a screen where you can chose resolution and colour format - Flattened / 300dpi / Grayscale)

logo layer .psd = File > Export > Save as File Type (choose JPG from the drop down) > Save (You will then get a screen where you can chose resolution and colour format - Write Layers / 300dpi / CMYK)

grayscale 300 dpi .gif = I wouldn't bother with this one.

rgb 72 dpi in.bmp = File > Export > Save as File Type (choose BMP from the drop down) > Save (You will then get a screen where you can chose resolution and colour format - 72dpi / RGB)

rgb 72 dpi in.gif
= File >Save for Web & Devices > Choose GIF from the file format drop down on the right hand side of the screen (it will probably say JPEG) > Save

rgb 72 dpi in.jpg = File > Export > Save as File Type (choose JPG from the drop down) > Save (You will then get a screen where you can chose resolution and colour format - 72dpi / RGB)

rgb 72 dpi in .png = File > Export > Save as File Type (choose PNG from the drop down) > Save (You will then get a screen where you can chose resolution - 72dpi)

Hope that helps you out a bit.

Col

Last edited:
Back