How to change the label on the menu bar in flash CS4?

h_freezy

I can't find any tutorial on how to change the label on the menu bar. I am not a fan of Flash so i hate it but i just need to edit the menu titles and i cant find it in the action script.
Help!!!:sad:

change a label? it should be in the Actionscript :) if you can open the actions for the menu bar it should be there..

chrismitchell said:
change a label? it should be in the Actionscript :) if you can open the actions for the menu bar it should be there..

i did open it but still can't find where it is.

hmmm ok .. is it on the name of the item / menu (might be grouped together).. If i had flash here at work, I could open it for you and tell you where it is :)

chrismitchell said:
hmmm ok .. is it on the name of the item / menu (might be grouped together).. If i had flash here at work, I could open it for you and tell you where it is :)

i have just been going through the codes and i can't find it. I am losing patience on it. thought the label selection would be under data provider but its not there.
I hate flash!!!

hmmm ok .. well i can look at it tonight if that helps (as I have flash at home) if its not too urgent?

chrismitchell said:
hmmm ok .. well i can look at it tonight if that helps (as I have flash at home) if its not too urgent?

its on the item bit but i can't just find the variables. How do i send the file to you?

onClipEvent(load) {
num=6;
this.title1.gotoAndStop(num);
this.title2.gotoAndStop(num);

}

on(rollOver) {
if(_root.link<>num) {
_root.menu2["item" + num].gotoAndPlay("s1");
this.gotoAndPlay("s1");
}
}

on(rollOut, releaseOutside) {
if(_root.link<>num) {
this.gotoAndPlay(_totalframes - _currentframe);
_root.menu2["item" + num].gotoAndPlay("s2");
}
}

on(release) {
if(_root.link<>num) {
_root.link_prev=_root.link;
_parent["item" + _root.link].gotoAndPlay("s2");
_root.menu2["item" + _root.link].gotoAndPlay("s2");
_root.link=num;
}
}

the labels are in the quote marks.. are you trying to change the destination the button goes to or the actual name of the button? (sorry i should've asked this first off )

chrismitchell said:
the labels are in the quote marks.. are you trying to change the destination the button goes to or the actual name of the button? (sorry i should've asked this first off )

just the label, the name on it. thanks

i just can't find where variables used were defined. i only need to change the value of the variables i guess but don't know where and how to do this

ahhhhhhh thats easier :)

right, double click on the button in flash, that should open up the action for that button, just keep double clicking till it comes up with on, over, click in the time line, or it should just become editable after clicking a few times.

Or using the text edit click on it there... unless they are actual graphics..

If you can't get to the button itself (if its a pre-bought template etc) then you will have to click on the drop down button under the timeline to show all the elements, one should say menu, then do the clicking thing above :)

I hope that helps :)

hmmm its definitely not a graphic?

Ok well it should be on the drop down with the name of the button in the list of elements (should be on the right hand side underneath the timeline). It will give a total list of all different elements..

hmmm ok ... is it a pre bought template or did someone build it and now you're changing it? When i get home in about an hour i'll take a screen grab of the place where it should be :) sorry i couldn't help more :(

Thanks for the help so far. Yeah i think it's a template. My mate thought it would be easy to customize but he couldn't do it and i am embarassed that i can't also. It is not the whole site but just the navigation bar + Logo.

oh i see... righto.. well i'm home now... i will make a screenshot of where you should look now..

chrismitchell said:
oh i see... righto.. well i'm home now... i will make a screenshot of where you should look now..

sorry, i gave up on it yesterday..............but i still need help

Back