How to be a creative designer:

what is it with 'American' designers and the 'how big!' hands.... even Jony Ives is doing it because he's been in the US too long...
I don't think I have ever done that with my hands when talking to clients etc

I've always bought books, mostly art-based ones or (pre-internet) picture reference books. Mostly they get stuck on a shelf and forgotten about, but I certainly
feel they can be a creative inspiration. Try telling a teenage lad that reading is good for you and you get "I'm reading all the time on websites and Facebook and stuff"!

Videos like these are okay, but they are always presented in such a boring way. I hate listening to monotone voice for extended periods of time, put some life into your voice!

Oh my God, I love Von Glitschka! He is one of the most influential design professionals in the States. He defines himself as an illustrative designer, and I think he is really good. Truly an inspirational figure for me.

Really Shaunlunn? That's cool - I simply assume someone speaking to a webcam on youtube is usually a nobody :p
Buuuut man are you right about his monotone voice Sean!

Yeah, Alex! :) He actually has some cool industry insight. If you follow him on Twitter he's got some gems. He also gets his work copied a lot so he has a lot of experience in dealing with that.

Thinking more helps you form better thoughts and reading more gives you more thoughts to draw from and connect together. Thanks for that.

I can't read books unless there are lots of pictures in them. :(
BTW. Always imagined that Von Glitschka looked like the Fonz out of Happy Days for some reason.
He a little bit fat in real life. Giggle. :D

Back