How successful is Social Networking for you?

I've also been finding lately that if you promote and network a lot on Twitter, it's a great resource for building up contacts and clients.

Twitter is always promising for building more traffic. What other techniques apart from tweeting, re-tweeting and following/being follewed do you use?

Twitter is always promising for building more traffic. What other techniques apart from tweeting, re-tweeting and following/being follewed do you use?

I've started using a lot of hashtags relating to businesses. Such as; #bizitalk #bizhype etc etc :)

I am sorry but I have never heart of hashtags, what are they nad how do you use them? Thanks for answer

Say you want to connect with people involved with business....this is how I'd do it; There are certain hashtags for different things. People use them to search.

So maybe I'd say;

"Are you looking for great #branding and graphic #design? Get in touch with us. #bizitalk" Then I've hash tagged 3 things, branding, design and bizitalk which is a hashtag on Twitter that Uk based businesses use to connect to each other.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for letting me know. I have done some research on that and it seems very helpful for promoting certain keywords. Cheers!

major advantages of social networking sites are
1.Increased awareness of the organization
2. Increased traffic to website
3. Greater favorable perceptions of the brand
4. Able to monitor conversations about the organization
5. Able to develop targeted marketing activities
6. Better understanding of customers perceptions of their brand
7. Improved insights about their target markets
8. Identification of positive and negative comments
9. Increase in new business
10. Identification of new product or service opportunities
11. Ability to measure the frequency of the discussion about the brand
12. Early warning of potential product or service issues

major advantages of social networking sites are
1.Increased awareness of the organization
2. Increased traffic to website
3. Greater favorable perceptions of the brand
4. Able to monitor conversations about the organization
5. Able to develop targeted marketing activities
6. Better understanding of customers perceptions of their brand
7. Improved insights about their target markets
8. Identification of positive and negative comments
9. Increase in new business
10. Identification of new product or service opportunities
11. Ability to measure the frequency of the discussion about the brand
12. Early warning of potential product or service issues

Thanks rehan12, your points are very good.

I have been trying social media marketing for long now and I must say it is very time consuming. I know all the goodies about social networking in terms of my business, however it seems like it takes so much of my efforts and time that I feel very wasted, even if I know it is good for my company.

Maybe there are some ways, you guy know about, that can let my manage social networking properly without spending too much time doing it.

I really don't think their is any real key point to social networking it really comes down to what type of business you are I have found the best way for myself is to actively promote my company's social networks and how I respond to queries etc I have all my social bookmarks on my email footers on website now my company have over 3000 odd likes on Facebook my problem was I only concentrated on Facebook originally but tbh I'm not all that fussed, you have to be willing o spend time on it I think an for my self being youngish still that's not a problem as I'm on It a lot anyways and now my Facebook has actually taken over sales (currently gets more sales than website) I have some high profile clients who just Facebook mail me now when they are on to order stuff so it has worked out well for me.

Back