How should I go about designing layout in Publisher 2007?

Which layout you like more?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

technicgeek

Happy New Year everyone!

I am designing layout for a page with specific dimensions. I was about to use Microsoft Word 2007 until I was told Microsoft Publisher is more suited for it as it can convert colors to print-ready colors.

Anyway, I am beginner and wanted to know how would you usually go about designing layout. Since I want to have 2 small elements placed on top and bottom, do I first try concept on my own sheet and then define dimensions and placement? I am designing it for notebook that will be printed in quantities.

Would love your take on designs on image attached. Which would you go with?

Cheers!

Attachments

• non-lined-page-template-selection.jpg
    non-lined-page-template-selection.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 12
Forgot to tell that I want to use different ornament. I have found good looking ones on this image.

Does complexity matter with one spot color printing? I am all ears as I want to make sure it will turn out good.

To be fair that first picture is tiny and the second has more than one image on it. Then there's the small issue of you using MS Office....

The attached image is too small to actually make out the 'ornament' and you'll find it highly unlikely that any professional designer is using MS Office, more specifically Publisher, to do their design work so their ability to help you is going to be limited. This means that the number of people replying to your issue is going to be severely decreased if anyone at all can reply.

Second picture has more than one image? What you see are 3 books in their opened state and you can zoom-in to see them closer. Did it work for you?

your second post has an image link....
your first image has 3 'a3' size sheets shrunk down to small images.

Right, I noted.

Do most people here use commercial grade design software?
I don't know how many use free software but I could use Paint.NET to accomplish this.

it's not about using software xyz it's about using a software that your printing company supports, in most cases that means using adobe..

If I use older version of Adobe dating back to when it's licensing model was per PC for one-time payment would it be compatible with today's Adobe Cloud?

If I use older version of Adobe dating back to when it's licensing model was per PC for one-time payment would it be compatible with today's Adobe Cloud?

I'm not sure exactly how far back you're talking about, but it's more than will likely CC will be able to open the files.

cc will open old files but it won't necessarily work the other way around without being saved in an older version (assuming it works like cs6 etc)

Back