Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old are we all?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by mrp2049, Mar 29, 2009.

1. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

A curiosity point...

And also were do you see yourself in your life as a designer right now?

I'll start, I'm 27, out of uni (finally) plenty of freelance experience, still looking for the first real job.

Also who is the oldest, I am guessing Tim is the baby....
  2. Greg

Greg Active Member

I'm 24, and loving being a freelancer at the moment, I can't see myself going back to a studio environment anytime soon, but will have to see how things progress.

Remember when Tim was knee high to a grasshopper!
  3. br3n

br3n Senior Member

22 Can't really find a job in my profession (i'd like to think mostly due to the economy) but also do some freelance web/graphics projects more for fun than anything. Currently hiding in austrailia and trying to earn enough dollar to stay there at least until english "summer" :)
  4. Charlieburt85

Charlieburt85 Member

I'm 24 and studying graphic Design at college. Finish 2010 and aim to do an internship somewhere in Germany to start with and get some experience in European advertising, corporate identity and package design across other countries hopefully by dipping into Agencies here and there before going freelance.
  5. pangolin

pangolin Member

21, not in graphics design as a career though - just a little ol' accounts assistant wanting to get into design as a bit of a hobby
  6. Harry

Harry Senior Member

18, already got my dream job at one of the best companies around. Think I may have peaked too fast.
  7. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

18. Running a business from home, yet to take off though. Looking to continue with it until it's run it's course, then head into a studio. I've still got tonnes to learn, but I've learnt so much already. Just trying to learn whatever I can, through experience and keeping up with different blogs, as well as obviously putting it into practice.
  8. tim

tim Senior Member

16. beat that! i guess im officially part time freelancer now...?

i'm getting better as i'm going along, nothing special yet :)
  9. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

16... My birthday is in november
    Did I beat it? :hat:

Employed part time in a Belgian agency.
  10. tim

tim Senior Member

onartis: you're the same school year as me?! wow, that's news. and you did not beat it xD mine's in february. i'm still younger!
  11. peekaboo

peekaboo Senior Member

im old, 25!! lol
  12. 24 in July!

Also running my own business from home, still looking for a studio job though!
  13. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

I'm 25 as well, but I have the cynicism of someone much older. I didn't realise everyone was so young!

I've been working for a couple of printing companies for just under 4 years now. I started to do a bit of freelance work outside of office hours about 2 years ago. Hoping to progress into a full time freelancer in the next 2 years.
  14. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Going as a sole trader or as a Ltd company mate? Need to sort that out at the start.
  15. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

I'm 29 and have been working full time as a Web Designer for the past 2 years. But lately I've also started doing a few small freelance jobs on the side.
  16. berry

berry Active Member

If you add all your ages up, then that's about mine, I think.
    I'll just check with my Grand daughter, it's her birthday today....

17. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

when i started this i was waiting for some sort of cynical old man comment from berry, congrats!

I was going to say is berry as old as chuck berry at the top! :)
  18. artworkeruk

artworkeruk Junior Member

Hey berry, your grand daughter is the spitting image of my kid sister… same age too!
  19. i'm 29 and work as Graphic Designer, been working in this for just over 10 years now in a couple of different countries, now working in London for an events organiser.
  20. sarah

sarah Member

I'm 23 and been working since i left uni!