Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How often do you shop at Amazon?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Greg, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi all,

This is a bit of a research post/thread related to DF in a round about way, all will become clear in the future, just wanted to ask how often you shop at Amazon?

Just a rough idea, is Amazon the go-to place for a lot of your online shopping?

Thanks in advance! :)
    Greg

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

well it's my usual go to place for dvd's (play's still more expensive usually even with quidco) and cdwow is just unrefined these days (just want a simple region picker - hell I want one on amazon!). HMV isn't really cheaper.

Books, it's my usual first port of call too but I do have a firefox plugin that points out places that are cheaper although it's not always cheaper due to postage.

3. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Yeah a lot! I also make wish lists I got about 4 books for Christmas off there from my mum and a board game, cd's off my bf. I think it usually seems cheaper, not always but more often than not!

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

OK great thanks for the replies :)

5. tim

tim Senior Member

My mom basically bums amazon, whereas I think it's an easier eBay to an extent, and I hate eBay :p

6. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

I use amazon as one of my top 5 online shopping places
    (along with Play, eBay, dabs, ebuyer)

But it really does depend what I'm buying :)

7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Thanks guys, the question that will lead on from this is, if DF had a Design book shop, would you be willing to use our affiliate link/s to Amazon to purchase your online shopping?

This wouldn't cost you a penny more on your purchases with Amazon, but could potentially bring in a few £s revenue for getting some contest prizes and developing DF :)

In principle what do you think?

Thanks,
    Greg

8. Levi

Personally don't see why not, if it stops advertising (not that I'd end up seeing it with adblock plus) and gets put to good use then it's a good thing in my opinion

9. Greg

Greg Active Member

Thanks Levi, and yes it would be a great help in allowing me to spend more time on promoting the forums to potential new members, and most importantly go towards overheads for new contests, which will in turn bring new members :)

10. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Sounds like a good idea to me :)
    Would work really well with the blogging idea you had aswell

11. Tony

Tony Member

That it is a good idea that I wouldn't have a problem with.

12. Levi

off topic a bit - maybe have an occassional mini review type affair in the blog (if/when it happens) linking to books on amazon, I'm sure we all have a collection of books that we wouldn't do without.

13. Greg

Greg Active Member

Great thanks guys, and yes I haven't forgotten about the blog, it's just been buried under bills and freelance work! It will be on the plans for the New Year!

Feeling very positive about this idea :)

EDIT: Great idea Levi, book reviews could become one of the topics on the blog, would work really well, especially if it was discussed in a thread or comments to the post too.

14. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

I personally have to say at least once a week! Books, DVD's, Accessories, PC Stuff...its a habit i need to break!

15. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I do most of my online shopping at amazon, but that is mostly because I have one click shopping set up, so it is just easy that way. I like the idea of book reviews coming from you guys as it directly links to people who's work you can see and by default their opinion is given a greater validity.

I don't mind back tracking through the books on my shelf for a bit of reviewing.

16. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

17. Rhonda

Rhonda Senior Member

I've yet to buy anything from Amazon but more and more its looking like I will need to, if I want to find a certain music dvd. No store I've been to seems to have it anymore and probably never will again.

And Greg, I would be willing to use the links to Amazon if it will help DF. I know the links would be to the Amazon in the UK, so I couldn't help now but if I make it to the UK in 2010, I will certainly go through the affiliate links.:)

18. Greg

Greg Active Member

Thanks for the replies everyone, and thanks (in advance) Rhonda :)