How much would you pay for a logo?

Louiss97

a graphic designer of mine is offering a logo design service but I want a really nice logo. I have used "crowdsourcing" and some designers on forums before, but I've also always had a very clear direction for them to work with. For logo design, I need someone who can make logo concepts with a bit more creative and professional work to offer me website logos as expected.

So how much would be reasonable price to offer to a logo designer? what is your experience about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed the name of the crowdsourcing site as it is not permitted on these forums. Crowdsourcing sites dilutes the graphic design skills offered by professionals who use this site.

I wouldnt bring my car to 10 mechanics and tell then go with the cheapest one and then say that I will only pay if I like it.

Real world doesnt work that way.

Pros charge either a standalone rate for a logo and/or by the hour.

I designed a logo for a well known brand before and it went on for 10months and they were charged over £10k.

I have designed a logo for the local baker and charged £250.

There is no set price.

As Hank says, £250 would be a good starting point if you have a good idea of what you want and if it is fairly simple.

I would normally double that, at least, if you wanted to see a few options or if you wanted something more complex.

Personally, I think you may be asking the wrong question. over the years I’ve had quite a number of people come to me and tell me they want a logo, when in fact what they need is a coherent, consistent visual identity and language for their business which elicits the required emotional response from their target audience – both existing and potential. AKA a brand.

The problem is, as soon as you use the ‘B’ word, smaller companies get scared and see six figure invoices coming their way. A good brand should be tailored to suit the needs of a client and their market place – and their budget. Unless, of course, that budget is £30. At that point they need to go back to their nephew who is good at art and entrust their critical business communication to them.

For me, commissioning a logo as a stand-alone element is like going out and buying a tin of shoe polish hoping it will make people think you have a pair of handmade, leather-soled shoes You need to get the foundation in place from the outset, or you‘ll always get blisters as soon as you walk any distance.

It doesn’t need to cost the earth. If your needs are modest, the cost to create it shouldn’t be astronomical. However, you do need to invest in your business communication In a scalable, sensible way. What’s the point in having the finest sashimi restaurant in the world if people think you sell fish and chips from a van.

Dear god, I’ve done it again! This was only going to be a quick response, as I have silly deadline to hit today.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Right, I’m off…

a graphic designer of mine is offering a logo design service but I want a really nice logo. I have used "crowdsourcing" and some designers on forums before, but I've also always had a very clear direction for them to work with. For logo design, I need someone who can make logo concepts with a bit more creative and professional work to offer me website logos as expected.

So how much would be a reasonable price to offer to a logo designer? what is your experience with this?
It Depends... upon the quality & the experience

Back