How effective is Instagram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Instagram helps to increase traffic and ranking of website? I have used this platform but didn't find it effective. I have checked top blogs on how to increase the traffic from instagram and followed the instructions mentioned on them. But still it is not helping me to create the traffic.

I am wondering, can using excessive hash tag can be the reason for same?

How are you using it, i.e. what are you posting and what is your intention with the content? I'd take any advice you read on blogs about social media with a massive grain of salt. A lot of the information is regurgitated from other blogs and much of the advice is theory more than actual experience. What works for one blog might not work for yours due to differing audiences. It's best to experiment and find what does and doesn't work for you.

It's probably best to treat Instagram as a separate entity to your site and try to build an audience separately. You probably won't be able to drive a good amount of your followers to your site, but might be able to drive visitors to your site to your Instagram account.

Instagram doesn't allow hyperlinks in posts so you won't really get traffic from it unless people copy and paste a link or they use the link in your profile. I personally find I get a fair amount of likes on my IG posts for my book design blog, but people then scroll onto the next item in their feed and you're quickly forgotten. Bare in mind that the nature of Instagram as a phone app is to just scroll endlessly and devour the content quickly. The average amount of time anyone will spend looking at your content is a matter of seconds so your content needs to stand out for them to do anything other than tap that heart.

Instagram doesn't allow hyperlinks in posts so you won't really get traffic from it unless people copy and paste a link or they use the link in your profile.

As you said Instagram doesn't allow hyperlink, so user need to copy and paste them in the browser. So how will be able to track suck traffic in Google Analytic? As such traffic will not be considered under Social from Instagram.

As you said Instagram doesn't allow hyperlink, so user need to copy and paste them in the browser. So how will be able to track suck traffic in Google Analytic? As such traffic will not be considered under Social from Instagram.

You can't actually select text in an Instagram post, you can only highlight the entire comment, which is pretty stupid. I suspect it's Facebook wanting to keep you using the app rather than navigate away from it. Any traffic that does come from IG will have to come via your profile link. Many users tend to just link to their latest blog post or whatever via their profile to make it a little easier for users to get there. If you're going to use IG I still think you should use it separately to your site/blog as the two don't really work together in conjunction.

Instagram is a search engine. Instagram increases traffic. Instagram generates inbound links, lower bounce, and repeat readers; all of which are SEO signals that affect search engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back