• Search Engines (SEO)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Online Marketing (AdWords, CPC, etc.)

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (please specify in a reply)

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

Dave1975

Just a quick poll to see what advertising and marketing methods everyone is using, would be great to hear how effective you find your various methods, and what works best for you?

Thanks,
Greg

For me, word of mouth, locally speaking. Less than 10% of my traffic is local, but 90% of my work is local, so getting to know someone face-to-face is huge. I think sponsoring local community-oriented charitable events, advertising in the local paper, etc. makes a big difference.

I went for 'other' i get clients from a bit of everything- referrals, word of mouth as well as nationwide and localised seo.

We purely get work from word of mouth/referrals.

In fact we have not once spent a single penny on advertising, and now because we have grown so much without the need to do so, have a strange want to not to ever spend out on it!

Brett

peekaboo said:
We purely get work from word of mouth/referrals.

In fact we have not once spent a single penny on advertising, and now because we have grown so much without the need to do so, have a strange want to not to ever spend out on it!

Brett

Based on the quality of your work, thats hardly suprising! Lovin' the Earthlets work!:up:

sabian1982 said:
Based on the quality of your work, thats hardly suprising! Lovin' the Earthlets work!:up:
Thanks mate, its taken us long enough to get here, although actually we really need to update our site, most likely an xmas job lol

Brett

Word of mouth and referrals all the way, we've only gone into proactive marketing lately to boost our sales.

I'd second that Bret, some great work. I used to live on the isle of wight many years ago not a million miles away from St Catherines School either!
Gareth

Dot Design said:
I'd second that Bret, some great work. I used to live on the isle of wight many years ago not a million miles away from St Catherines School either!
Gareth
Did you? How long ago? This is a rare lol.

What made you move?

Cheers

Word of mouth is the best refferal. But also having a site that ranks high on Google is good. I get a lot of public relations photography work because of it - mainly from companies outside Merseyside looking for a straight forward job and don't want to pay travel expenses to their usual photographer.

Obviously word of mouth, referal and advertisement plays a big part in obtaining clients but I have recently been gathering alot of clients through the means of Social Networking. People underestimate the power of social networking and the valuable contacts you can gain from it. For example, Twitter can gain you very useful contacts that later can become potential clients. Flickr as another example, put your work on flickr and gain contacts and from there build up your contacts and you will start to see potential clients. There is a thousand ways of social networking and if you find the right solution it can prove to pull in over half your clients than what you would get from word of mouth and advertisement.

Word of mouth is a huge part of it, but I find that a lot of my website visits come from posts on forums as such.

Ive also done some internet searching before in my local area - i.e. looking at local business' websites and offering them a redesign if i feel they need it.

Has anyone here ever ran a press advertisement that led to work?
I did it once, total waste of money - just one enquiry - that never converted.
Maybe it was my ad.

The best clients come from word of mouth and Google. I do receive a lot of enquires from site referrals. You know, putting 'website by Artworking' at the bottom of your websites but they are so difficult to convert in to clients.

Back