Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you use the forum?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Squiddy, Mar 18, 2013.

?

How do you use the forums?

1. I browse through each category

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. I use the View New Content page

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I was a bit scared of that strange button, but I'll give it a try now!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

I used to just go through each category and look for new posts that interested me. Ever since we changed to IPBoard I've been using this wonderful new "View New Content" button. Quite simply it shows you all the new content on the site, regardless of category, and it allows you a large number of filters too.
    Perhaps everyone is using this, I don't know.
    What I started to wonder about though, is if everyone is using this feature, what's the point of having the rigid forum structure? I don't remember the last time I actually clicked through on an individual forum category, I just go straight to the View New Content button, every single time. So perhaps, in the future we could simply do away with the forum structure and move to some sort of post tagging system instead? It doesn't make sense to keep a feature that no one is using.
    Or perhaps I'm in the minority and most people still browse by category? Discuss!

anodayalilk likes this.
  2. balders

balders Member

I mostly use Tapatalk to use the forum. Its a mobile app that simplifies the forum and loads much faster on mobile devices. It also collects the contents in its own categories - unread, all and participated
    It still let's you includes links and images.

3. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

So that's pretty much the same thing as the View New Content (VNC) feature, but built for mobiles, right?
    If anyone browses by category, what makes you choose that method over VNC?

4. balders

balders Member

[​IMG]

Something like that. You still have the option to browse by category if you want.

I prefer just to see eventing that comes in regardless of category.

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

none of the above....
    I type address into browser, end up on home page and then look for the shiny new posts icon, click the section if it's interesting... do wish it would 'reset' after logging in though

6. martyvibe

martyvibe Junior Member

I usually visit this site every couple of days or so and scan each section that interests me. However now I'm following on the Twitterati I can see all new threads pretty easily which is handy.

7. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I just browse through each category with new posts.
    I view it on a multitude of devices. iMac, Macbook and iPhone. It's alright on all of them to be honest.

8. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Deffo the new button. A very nice addition, Well done chaps. :clap:

9. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I've used the new button (didn't we already have something like it? Or am I thinking of Tapatalk?) I used to use Tapatalk until it started only showing the first page of a topic! :angry:
    Usually I scan the sections I'm most into for new content.

10. balders

balders Member

I used to use Tapatalk until it started only showing the first page of a topic! :angry:

It is a bit odd why it does that. You can get around it a bit by setting the posts per page to 50 and having it jump to newest post first.