Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Make Your Cup of Tea?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Tony Hardy, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

As one of our newest members pointed out, in my animation from my Uni days, I used to make tea backwards.
    http://vimeo.com/17936645
    Milk then water, but, now I'm a water then milk guy. Everyone makes their tea differently, and heck, some of us even like that awful drink coffee!
    What do you drink? How do you take it?

anodayalilk and XRumerTest like this.
  2. Matt Harle

Matt Harle Guest

I'm an avid tea drinker. Hate coffee. Don't know how people can drink it.

But anyway, tea with milk and two sugars. Ideally English Breakfast Tea. And it's gotta be tea bag, hot water, then milk and sugar. No other way around it.

3. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I don't understand the coffee thing either. The smell of it is lovely, the taste, not so much.
    I like a good cup of Breakfast tea too, no sugar though! Sweet enough etc ;)

4. Matt Harle

Matt Harle Guest

Yeah, Coffee smells great, but it's just so bitter! I made the mistake of accepting a cup of it on Wednesday morning at work. Bad idea, cause I had such a bitter taste in my mouth till lunch!

I think I'm just a sugar addict. :p

5. Emmature

Emmature Member

I love both tea and coffee. With lots of sugar. Yep.
    As for how I make it, it's usually sugar first, then water and then milk. But if you put the milk in coffee first, it makes it less bitter supposedly. I've never noticed a massive difference myself.

6. Matt Harle

Matt Harle Guest

I just don't get coffee at all. It's horrible stuff.

7. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Starbucks coffee always smell great. Isn't too taxing to make like. WAHEYYY!
    Sorry.

8. Matt Harle

Matt Harle Guest

That was just awful. You should be ashamed.

9. Emmature

Emmature Member

It gives me that kick I very so often need whereas tea is a more relaxing, after college beverage (at least for me). Although I do go more often for Mocha myself- combo of coffee and hot chocolate. Now THAT'S the good stuff.
    UUUUGHHH SO BAD. I love it!

10. Matt Harle

Matt Harle Guest

I use Pepsi for the kick that I need, when possible. But that's not really relevant...

11. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I love Pepsi. So much better than Coca Cola!

12. Matt Harle

Matt Harle Guest

I'm addicted to it. Seriously.

I think I sense a 'What's your type of pop?' thread coming along. :p

13. Emmature

Emmature Member

In that case, I'll save my response for that!

14. I only drink coffee.. never found the taste for tea.

15. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

What sort of coffee would you recommend for an amateur coffee drinker? By amateur, I mean I can't even stand it a little bit :p Ease me in!

16. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Coffee drinker here. But in either case, milk first is wrong and anyone that does it has some kind of backwards topsy-turvy world-logic I just can't get my head around.
    Milk last. Always.

17. Matt Harle

Matt Harle Guest

See, I've always done milk first for coffee, and last for tea...

18. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Now that's just a special new level of crazy Matt. :p Though I remember Typo always saying to use hot water as opposed to still boiling water for coffee, so there may be logic in that particular madness. Still hot water always for tea though, what use is milk on a teabag?

19. Matt Harle

Matt Harle Guest

I've not heard of that one before. Normally it's just straight out of the kettle and into the cup. Milk on a teabag just does not work, as I said earlier. It doesn't infuse properly, since the milk is too dense.

20. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I only used to put my milk in 5 seconds before the hot water. Always got the milk out the fridge while the kettle boiled, poured it in, put it back, click, water in. Jobs a good'un.