how do you create this reflection?

Taking a stab here, but I would guess that the original photograph was taken on a shiny surface. I don't think there is anyway using masking or gradient tools that this could be reconstructed.

I'd agree with Matobo, unless you regenerate the laptop in a 3d package and render it on a reflective surface, then it is going to take a lot of work to fake that type of reflection purely in photochop. It looks like it is an original reflection as part of the photo shoot.

Love it! I like a nice old school answer: 'It was actually shot like that!'
Made me smile :)

Because the image isn't shot in elevation (i.e front or side on) flipping it/reflecting it horizontally and using opacity masks won't work as the perspective naturally reflects the wrong way.

Do you actually need to recreate something like this or is it just out of curiousity that you ask?

Love it! I like a nice old school answer: 'It was actually shot like that!'
Made me smile :)...

Now you have made an old schooler smile ----> :icon_smile: (thanks, I needed to :icon_wink:)

I don't deny that it can be done using Photoshop, I have played for a few years on a Photoshop contest site, so I know that it can be done - but, it isn't a case of flip, flop and bob's your aunty, it is more a case of having an artistic eye regarding the laws of nature/perspective and an indepth knowledge of Photoshop to manually piece the pieces together visually using lots of layers and bucketloads of patience to pull it off 'realistically'.

Taking the photo on a shiny surface would be a hell of a lot easier...

:icon_cheers:

Back