How do they do that?

Bee

I want to create a site that me and a few friends could use to sell on - similar in functionality to http://www.etsy.com but selling something different. Can someone tell me if there are some plug ins that can be used to achieve some of the functionality, and any pointers on how others would go about this would be very much appreciated.:)

Well it's an e-commerce website. I don't have any experience with it myself but I think that just like you set up a blog with Wordpress, you can set up an e-commerce site with a different framework/service (although I don't know of any).

I've just been setting up a wordpress site with a full e-commerce shop :) use wp-ecommerce :) works a treat :D

Wordpress FTW :D

I recently used Shopp for a eCommerce site. Really great WP plugin and relatively easy to skin/customize to suit your design if you know CSS and are familiar with basic PHP. It's $50, but definitely worth the money imo.

Thanks for the suggested plugins, they both look good. Do either of you if these allow other people to enter items for sale, or have good search facilities?

I use a pretty simple one the address is wix.com
it allowed users attach quick link for paypal and few other online payment system
I am a novice of web design at this moment, but the free web host can make your payment online on be half of other e-commerce site.

Have a look of mine (not a good one but I just use it to grasp potential client for photo shooting, and it works well) and hope you get some inspirations :)

P.S the website will place its name initially as default, but you will able to make it your own name if you pay a little....

Are both those plugins safe to use? Just you wouldn't want to make an e-commerce site for a client and then it get hacked and they get fined and lose all their money. I know nothing about those plugins though, so I'm not making any suggestions about them, just intrigued.

wp e-commerce is safe to use... i've had no issues with it at all Fred.

Cool. I'm just very wary of anything ecommerce, as I'm not going to offer someone that service unless I know for sure that the coding is fool-proof and wont end up with them on the streets. Can I ask, other than not having any issues with it, how else do you know it's safe? It does look impressive with over half a million downloads though.

Back