How Do People Get Around Copyright Issues

marky9378

Hi

I am new to the forum as i am starting a canvas print business however if you put into Google "canvas prints" and look at the top sites every site is selling:

banksy prints
famous people prints

How does these come off with the copyright law as some has told me to change the background so it looks different to the original but i rang the fsb legal team and they said this was not the case and it is still copyright and against the law.

this is really doing my head in and i know for a fact these top sites are not working illegal so there must be a way around this problem.

Can anyone help me out a little please...

Hi

I have lol but no replies as yet

Some are buying the licence and doing it legally.
Some are doing it illegally and have been sued.
Some are doing it illegally and not being sued...yet.
Some will get away with it. Under the radar.

It's illegal and you could be sued, have your gear confiscated and be fined.
Banksy will probably not sue, since he is anonymous, but that is just the state of play.
There are lots of things that you could sell without taking the risk.

I have been reading that banksy has a legal team in london i do not know how true this could be.

I think its better to fork out for all extended licences on istock and other stock image websites its not cheap but its cheaper than getting a very heavy fine.

Yes they have a team in London. Just ask one of my wifes clients he only displayed an image and got 'an opportunity' to right the situation (remove said image) and a small charge to settle. so be beware.

Back