How do i get freelance clients?

peterjmay

After working six years as a newspaper layout and designer i want to start doing freelance on the side. where do i start, lol how do i go about getting work?

I know you're having a tough time of it but you seriously need to take some of the advice feedback from your previous posts. You really, really need to sort out a good clean, balanced portfolio before you do anything else.

There are a number of places where you can find work. I'm not too sure if I'm allowed to mention the names of such places here, but if you search google for freelance web designing and development jobs, I'm sure you'd find the places. You may even try mixing up with some specific keywords before searching to get the best results in search engines.

Getting clients

I wouldn't bother with those places that advertise projects personally, you will be competing with designers in other countries who can work for peanuts and you cannot live off what they earn believe me.

You need to find clients that will pay decent fees for a good service by doing lots of online (and offline too if you want) business networking. Nothing else works better than this as a freelancer, and the only other thing that comes close is to have a nice clean website and work on building traffic to it using search engine marketing tactics. I would recommend doing both.

Best of luck.

Amanda
Web Design, Identity Design, Print Design, Illustration

Back