How Do I Get Competitive with Print Pricing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazfocus

We currently have a reseller account with a Exaprint to produce all of our clients printing and for the key things like business cards, flyers, letterheads, etc, they are pretty good price wise.

However, when looking on eBay, there are a lot of companies on there, that are clearly just reselling printing, but selling printing for less than our cost price.

So, I was just wondering if people could suggest print companies that offer extremely competitive reseller discounts?

These guys selling cheap print are probably using the likes of Saxoprint. They're super cheap but the paper stocks used are poor, colour matching is non existent and customer service is horrendous. If something goes wrong it can be a nightmare to get your money back. I think we've all used them at some point and have all been burned.

I know it's useful to be able to offer print as part of the package but remember that it's not essential. Be honest with your clients and show them the breakdown between print and design so they can make the decision to use your trusted/recommended printer or risk taking your design elsewhere to print.

Have a look at our esteemed leader Boss Hog's company Stationery Direct. They offer fantastic quality print and competitive re-seller pricing.

They also gang run the printing which is much cheaper than printing 1 product at a time. If you can print 80 different business cards on 1 sheet for 80 different companies, then you can definitely undercut the competition that's printing 1 off business cards.

The problem with these places is that they have no after sales support, if it's wrong it's tough luck. The angle I spin when talking to clients is that I am a bit more expensive but I assume all the risk and I make sure it's 100% correct before delivery. Basically they send me the artwork and I will ensure it's printed and delivered correctly and on time.

Which a lot of these places cannot offer. How many times have you had to have a bc or lh or photo album returned to that online reseller?

I bet everyone has a horror story!

...I bet everyone has a horror story!

About 2 years ago I sent 3 jobs to saxoprint at the same time. 2 were just about acceptable but the 3rd was awful. They finally agreed to a re-print but reprinted the wrong job.... TWICE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back