Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you find us?

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Stationery Direct, Oct 16, 2008.

?

How did you find us?

1. Search Engine (Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc.)

144 vote(s)
    76.2%
  2. Recommendation from a friend

11 vote(s)
    5.8%
  3. Direct contact from the Graphic Design Forums | Website Design Forums

5 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. Another Forum/Online Advertisement

11 vote(s)
    5.8%
  5. Other (please specify below)

18 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. lucideye

lucideye New Member

Twitter boss :)

2. amac

amac New Member

Search engine.

3. BryanLewis

BryanLewis New Member

Good morning guys,

Just wanted to say Hi, i'm new to this forum, recently embarking on a graphic design solo career! i hope everyone nice here!

4. Amy_Alternate

Amy_Alternate New Member

'Other' - Twitter :)

5. LaurenAllOver

LaurenAllOver New Member

I found a link through tumblr :3

6. shellyloves

shellyloves New Member

Hi I found you via google, I was looking for some help with editing photos, I have migrograx 8 and is generally suitable for what I need it for just to crop photos, I am looking for an opaque border scroll to go on the photo to give it a shabby chic look, I dont need a full border just something to make them look more inviting.
    I am willing to buy a new photo editor but I do not know which is best or if there is something free out there. Any help would be appreciated Michele

7. crispdesign

crispdesign New Member

8. Sean McLaughlin

Sean McLaughlin New Member

Through searching google for advice on graphic design related topics found this place!

9. fizz112

fizz112 New Member

I believe this is probably the most unique way of getting to the GDF forums. I was using google webmaster tools to look at which sites linked to a site I made (bureaubusiness) and there was a link in some of the posts on this forum. Thought I'd sign up after seeing what a great place this was :)

10. robinsestates

robinsestates New Member

It was a Google search. I was looking for a place full of like minded people - and I found it!

Love it.

11. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Only found this thread now, I think?

I was a regular on another graphic design forum and they updated their forum software, the update lost a lot of their functionality that made it so popular.

Hence, a lot of regular users stopped using it, and eventually I did too.

I found this forum through a search and trial and error with other sites and forums and finally settled here.

12. Chloe Tepi

Chloe Tepi New Member

:) Hi. Internet search

13. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

I was lost and alone, living in a ditch on the outskirts of the internet when my other design forum was closing down.
    I was cold, shivering and covered in my own excrement when a kindly soul found me.
    Wiping some of the shit from the end of my nose he said "you're coming with me lil' fella" and brought me to GraphicDesignForums.
    That kindly soul was none other than Boss Hogg.
    After a good bath, some antibiotics and a hot cup of Helvetica Bold Oblique tea I felt much better in what I hope to be 'my forever forum'.

There are many other Designer/Illustrators like me out there and just 2 Euros a month can make all the difference.

Remember, a designer is for life, not just for Christmas.

Stationery Direct likes this.
  14. Andrew Rivers

Andrew Rivers New Member

Search on Duckduckgo. In this occasion the best came first.

15. RasselSnow

RasselSnow New Member

Hi all!

Google helped me to find you :)

16. skarekrow

skarekrow Member

I did a search for web development forum

paul

17. cpking

cpking Member

google helps me to find this forum.

18. Ron

Ron New Member

Found the forum looking for a graphics forum hoping to find information on alternatives to Adobe software.

Oddly I have grown used to perusing forums to find answers to every subject under the sun but I’ve been working with graphics since Windows 98, basically before the internet as we think of it today. So as a result I’ve just never thought or had occasion to look for stuff regarding graphics. Though in later years I have found myself researching techniques and tricks to achieve particular effects that I have seen in other people’s work.

Anyway all that being said I am here today in search of alternatives to Adobe software. I have given so much money to Adobe over the years and now I find that they won’t even support software that they produced just not that long ago.

When I say they don’t support; by that I mean they don’t even maintain the registration servers. In other words if you want to reinstall a copy of your software on a different machine it won’t activate. Adobe is turning out to be a real disappointment.

Hopefully I can find alternatives to Adobe. I’ve looked at other softwares before but they weren’t exactly 1 for 1 replacements for programs like Photoshop or Illustrator.

19. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

The creative cloud is cheap.

20. I searched fro Graphic Design Forums and found a few you along with some blogs reviewing forums-all of which said how friendly it was here!