How can I create this text effect?

tekboi

Hello guys,

Graphic Design has always been a hobby of mine for several years now. When I see something I like, I can usually reproduce something like it in Photoshop or illustrator with no problem. But this one has me stomped.

As of Now, it looks like the only way to go about this is to create eat letter as individual objects and the outlines of the separate letters as objects. From there I guess that I would merge the outline and letter object for each letter and change it's perspective. Or maybe use the 3D tool to achieve some of this. But honestly, I think that i'm completely overthinking this.

And I would be grateful for any advice about how to achieve this text effect.

Thanks in Advance.

Sunset_riders_logo.png

2cwoin6.jpg

Hello tekboi ! Nice to meet you, This is my first post to answer someone! I just made it during read your query. My tool is Illustrator CC. You can make it too. Just follow this guidelines. After writing your text then go to Effect>Wrap>Arc Lower. Secondly, Expend it and apply a bit 3D effect there via Effect>3D>Extrude & Bevel. Finally Ungroup it and apply your favorite color for attractive decoration!

2cwoin6.jpg

Hello tekboi ! Nice to meet you, This is my first post to answer someone! I just made it during read your query. My tool is Illustrator CC. You can make it too. Just follow this guidelines. After writing your text then go to Effect>Wrap>Arc Lower. Secondly, Expend it and apply a bit 3D effect there via Effect>3D>Extrude & Bevel. Finally Ungroup it and apply your favorite color for attractive decoration!

Hey, thanks for this! :) The main thing I want to be able to add is the extruded edge that goes around the edges of the letters. That's really the tricky part of it all.

You could maybe try the 3D effect in Illustrator, though you may need to split the text into 3 sections like "Sunse–t–riders". Notice how the T in the example you showed is face one, but the others have a slight curve. Personally I'd be using actual 3D software to model and render it correctly. 3D in Illustrator always feels a bit like pot luck to me,

You could maybe try the 3D effect in Illustrator, though you may need to split the text into 3 sections like "Sunse–t–riders". Notice how the T in the example you showed is face one, but the others have a slight curve. Personally I'd be using actual 3D software to model and render it correctly. 3D in Illustrator always feels a bit like pot luck to me,

I was actually thinking about using Cinema4D. I've used it in the past. If only the GPU in my Mac Workstation didn't burn out. Trying to run Cinema4D on what I have now is a no go. I tried to enter 3D mode in photoshop last night, and it crashed Photoshop CC!

Back