Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How are things out there in the print world?

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by myphil1966, Oct 13, 2011.

1. myphil1966

myphil1966 New Member

Don't know about you but a couple of weeks ago it felt like the tap had been turned off phones quiet and very few emails our customers said they were very quiet then but things in the last week seem to have picked up a bit, luckily we are quite small so we don't need much to be busy, we all know print is a funny business but was just wondering if any one else had some good news to report would be nice to hear instead of all the gloomy crap that gets spread on the news all day
    cheers Phil
  2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Same as you, last few weeks a bit quieter than usual...but this week has been really busy :icon_scared:
  3. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Very quiet at the moment - though quite a lot in the pipeline. Speaking to clients they say that they are quiet too - even 'food people' who don't normally notice downturns in the same way. Just have to keep talking to people!
  4. byronc

byronc Member

yeah quiet for me too. couple of old clients talking about new stuff they want, but not getting to it :(
  5. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Always up and down but the average is around +20%.

A series of large projects about to happen / happening.
  6. Toppers

Toppers Member

We've been very busy since the beginning of September. Prior to that we've been fluctuating throughout the year. Strange really when this is usually the time of year when things are starting to wind down.
  7. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

As far as design for print and print reselling goes, I've been busier this past 2-3 weeks than I have been for a long time but nobody's spending! I'm being asked to cut corners left right and centre to get prices right down, which inevitably means that quality is suffering and so are my profits.