Hosting?

bigdave

I'm starting to take on some web design work which will obviously require hosting but know nowt about the type of hosting package needed to host multiple sites and who to use. I use heart Internet for my own site but their packages are as clear as mud when it comes to domain number limits etc. Do I need a reseller hosting package to hold the sites I'm designing?

Nope, you just need one which offers addon domains. Each addon domain = a website with its own domain name.

Nope, you just need one which offers addon domains. Each addon domain = a website with its own domain name.

I would have to disagree with this. Add-ons are fine but, if you want to offer cPanel's for each customer, I would look at a reseller account. They aren't that much more and it gives customers a bit more control over stuff. I imagine you don't want to be messing about if they want a secondary e-mail address for instance.

Also they get their own access to AWStats.

I'd also make the right choice now or you end up where we were a year or so ago and having to move add on accounts to reseller accounts. Bit of a pain.

Think I've mentioned this to you before but we use EUKHost.

Back