Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone got any experience with Heart internet? They seem the best deal to me, quite a large company too. I was looking at openmind but the diskspace was too low.

Opinions welcome.

Fred said:
Has anyone got any experience with Heart internet? They seem the best deal to me, quite a large company too. I was looking at openmind but the diskspace was too low.

Opinions welcome.

I am currently with OpenMind and enjoy the freedom mod_rewrite, all htaccess, powerful control panels etc and the servers are really quite fast. Having said that more companies are allowing more freedom when it comes to apache/php configurations and I looked at Heart Internet too as well as many others for next year.

Reason? exactly the same as you.. Diskspace is very very low with OpenMind. For e.g. With the Silver Reseller it works out as 50mb! if you were to host the maximum 40 websites, not that you would squeeze that out of it but still... with todays cheap storage you could increase that 5-10x at hardly an cost at all and it would make OpenMind even more appealing. Its probably one of the cheapest upgrade to your services you could do.

With Heart Internet there seems to be a lot of hidden costs, I found that These Guys (20GB space on Advanced Reseller too!) seem to be much better and have no hidden costs, I also done my research on their forums and they allow all apache/php configuration too which my development relies on quite a bit. (URL re-writing etc).

I will have to see what my needs are by that time, and before I did moveI would ask OpenMind if they plan on upgrading the available webspace because I really would not want too. They are a great host! and the support is spot on!

Fred said:

Opinions welcome.

I seem to remember Harry mentioning them Fred.

Cheers Darren, summed that up nicely. I might see if I can get a bespoke deal with OpenMind, doubt it though.

Cheers tb :)

Fred said:
Cheers Darren, summed that up nicely. I might see if I can get a bespoke deal with OpenMind, doubt it though.

Cheers tb :)

I asked OpenMind if they had any plans to upgrade the resources (mainly diskspace) on the reseller packages any time soon and I was told they don't.

Since I am really very happy with them, I have started looking at their VPS for when I need to upgrade. Dedicated/VPS is another option and if you have enough sites its probably a must.

I'm not there yet though.

Fred said:

Opinions welcome.
]

In my opinion they over sell. Poor support also in my experience

UK Web Hosting | Dedicated server hosting | VPS hosting | UK web host
I know Arrlev added them but they really deserve another mention.
Xmas eve I know, err...someones sad, anyhoo I emailed them about a problem setting up email forwarding with a clients site at 7:45pm by 8:03pm I had had a response by thier customer service team, XMAS EVE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

I even put this can honestly wait till after the hols, and they still replied 18 mins later and had tried a solution in the mean time and given me an option to follow up.

Any way couldn't get round to testing it till today and I had 2 of them seriously giving me some hard core help with this weird problem but hay I honest to god cant say enough about them.

Loads of space excellcant and prompt customer service and a very good price honest to god check them out. IMO cant get better all my future sites are going to them.

Note:
I am not affilated nor have anything to do with the company, just use them and think they are great from my experiance with them.

Jazajay said:
anyhoo I emailed them about a problem setting up email forwarding with a clients site at 7:45pm by 8:03pm I had had a response by thier customer service team, XMAS EVE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

Same support services at http://www.cyberhostpro.com rapid response and work around the clock for their customers!

Darren said:
I asked OpenMind if they had any plans to upgrade the resources (mainly diskspace) on the reseller packages any time soon and I was told they don't.

Since I am really very happy with them, I have started looking at their VPS for when I need to upgrade. Dedicated/VPS is another option and if you have enough sites its probably a must.

I'm not there yet though.
Disk space allowances is something I am looking very closely at for 2010 and they will be increased but I cannot say yet by how much.

The thing is I have always gone for quality over quantity and would rather not oversell available space to customers. You also need to bear in mind that for every 1MB of data that is used, this is replicated across two internal backups and mirrored to a third. Chuck in the fact that we also retain deleted files for a period of time and revision of files plus log files required by law etc and that's a load of storage space required :)

Like I say though it is something I am looking at increasing early next year..

Got to back up Jaz and Arrlev on UKHost4U, only went shared hosting (unlimted storage/bandwidth) but they had support in on New Years day too. 20-25min reply too.

If you've got quidco they're on there too and you can get 25% back at present :)

glenwheeler said:
Just had a look @ the 123 reg packages, they are expensive I think! What is the support like there?

Don't know about hosting but their domain support is very poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back