Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ got that right.

they somehow managed to transfer a domain i bought into some random persons account.

when i called them, they told me id have to get in touch with the other account holder for him to then transfer it over.

i had no f*cking clue of who it was!!

Currently using Slicehost - VPS Hosting.

Not really a basic straight out of the box kind of thing, but if you're willing to put in a little extra effort in setting stuff up yourself you do get a lot more out of it. I'd really never consider going back to a shared hosting environment now.

Customer service has been great the few times I've had to deal with them, and for anything you're a bit unsure of there's an amazing set of articles/forums to help you out.

Really can't say anything bad about it.

I actually know a really good web hosting company, I did their logo for them, and they host my website, and 2 other websites that I've done for clients. They're UK based (Cardiff to be specific) and really professional, I've experienced no downtime so far. Here's the web address

www.blueglobewebhosting.co.uk

Looking to change hosts. My eye has fallen on:
CyberhostPro's Silver Web package or JustHost's Basic package or UKhost4U's Advanced Shared package

The JustHost really seems to good to be true. So somebody tell me, what's the catch?
And if you have any other suggestions which haven't been mentioned in this topic yet, go ahead. I'm looking for something where I can host 3-5 websites. That's the main thing really; reasonable disk space and bandwidth are obvious demands.

Right now I'm at One.com but the single domain is what's making me want to switch. Other than that it's great.

Well I had written more but my wifi dropped out when I went to upload so lost it all.
Basically ....

I wouldn't go with ukhost4u, my opinion of them has dropped due to the sheer amount of downtime I've had since January, more than I had in 2 years with my old host. Their response was basically tough its normal with shared packages and I shoud consider upgrading to a vps package - I've never needed it before so why should I now.

The 99.9% guarantee means squat with regard to your site as it's only to do with network uptime, I'm pretty sure I could manage that hosting my site on my adsl connection.

I'm stuck with them for another 2.5 years but will likely leave unless there is some improvements.

Luckily I didn't pay full price as I got 25% back via quidco (pita that was)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back