Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horizontal Navigation

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by Renniks, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Hello (again).
    Another question for you guys, horizontal menus on a 960 grid, how many links are viable before it looks cluttered and too busy.

Are drop down menus really as bad as I think they are? Or is it just a case of making it obvious it is a drop down.

The project I'm looking to complete for my university mountaineering club (definately needed) I have been told needs a good 10 links or more and I'm wondering if this would make it too annoying to navigate through on a simplified site.

2. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Depends on the size of the items in the menu really... its not a question you should be asking, theres no answer - try it yourself and see what works.

As for drop down menus... theyre only as bad as you design them.
    The one at Cheap Laptops, Hard Drives, LCD Monitors, TVs and more at Ebuyer works & looks good imo.

3. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

had some answers on designerstalk about this. Indeed its all very situational as with all design, just wanted some more opinions.

Mark

4. tim

tim Senior Member

you just made my day :p

5. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Thought that someone might appreciate it so added the reason

6. tim

tim Senior Member

it sure did :D

sorry i can't help you out though:rolleyes:

7. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Haha, dont worry the questions been answered and I realise that the resources for answers are else where, it's just nice to have other peoples recent take on things.

8. tim

tim Senior Member

fair play.