• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Horizontal Navigation

Renniks

Hello (again).
Another question for you guys, horizontal menus on a 960 grid, how many links are viable before it looks cluttered and too busy.

Are drop down menus really as bad as I think they are? Or is it just a case of making it obvious it is a drop down.

The project I'm looking to complete for my university mountaineering club (definately needed) I have been told needs a good 10 links or more and I'm wondering if this would make it too annoying to navigate through on a simplified site.

Renniks

had some answers on designerstalk about this. Indeed its all very situational as with all design, just wanted some more opinions.

Mark

tim

Thanks
had some answers on designerstalk about this. Indeed its all very situational as with all design, just wanted some more opinions.

Mark

Last edited by renniks; 6 Hours Ago at 01:13 PM. Reason: I typed my own name wrong :(
you just made my day :p

Renniks

Haha, dont worry the questions been answered and I realise that the resources for answers are else where, it's just nice to have other peoples recent take on things.