Hoody Design

philjohns

Ok, this may seem a little wierd at first but I need to know your instinctive answers to the following question regarding the design attached if you could. (All will eventually be revealed!)

1. What does it immedietly say to you?
2. What do you relate it with?
3. What industry do you think it is for?
4. General feedback.

Thanks all - will reveal all in a bit!

preview1lx0.jpg

I'm sure it'll look much better on the hoody, rather than the picture, but have you tried any other than red? I think it'd look better on a lighter colour :D

My first impression was Streetart / Graffiti / Hip Hop / Skating.

I like it. Has a kind of oldschool 80's Graffiti feel to it.

My first thought was graffiti too... I had some difficulty reading it though... Trioccan ?

endofgeneric said:
Triocean? Skating, street, dance etc. :)
Oh yeah that name seems to make more sense :p

EDIT: wow 3 posts in less than a minute in this topic
EDIT 2: lol yes Greg I saw your original post ^.^

Thanks everyone.

So, the brand is Triocean. Its a Surf shop and they set me a project to design a hoody aimed at young people that would get the shop name out.

My view on this is that, as long as it looks good - the brand doesnt need to stand out the very first time you look at it (sounds really stupid of me) but my argument goes as follows -

The hoody will only be on sale from the shop, so anyone buying it will know the brand, if a friend of that person says "nice hoody, where did you get it" or "cool top - what make is it" then the hoody will have achieved what it was set out to do.

Any more views?

I think its looking good, although hard to read as mentioned, personally I think I would preffer the logo large and centered on the front rather than in the top right, in which case it would probably be better left of the back - but that's just me

personally I think I would preffer the logo large and centered on the front rather than in the top right, in which case it would probably be better left of the back - but that's just me

This was a dilemma i found myself in a few hours ago! wasnt sure which way to go so kind of glad someone picked up on it - any views on this?

Phil

Not the sort of thing I would wear personally .... but I always wonder tho ... when will someone catch on to the fact hoodys, when worn, spend 90% of the time with the hood up ... I've often thought the space on the back of the hood would make a nice and unusal logo location.

I'd prefer to walk round the streets wear a bath towel rather than that. Sorry.

Atleast its feedback - anychance on a reason why? constructive?

Something I just want to point out is that it is meant to be aimed at children - 17/18 maybe a few years older who are into extreme sports/SURFING more importantly. Not all styles are for everyone though - I understand that, i for one would rather wear a bath towel than many of the clothes I see around my local towel!

@PurpleGirl: I hadnt thought of that to be honest - wondering now if it would be extra or difficult as to have it center it would go over the seam. Looks like im getting in touch with the printers.

Any more?

I'd prefer to walk round the streets wear a bath towel rather than that. Sorry.

I have to agreee... sayingit's not my favourite design ever would be an under statement., it's just a small logo and a bit of fancy text. I like hoodies that boldly state something, and make random people go 'oooohh wow'. People buy university hoodies because they want to be associated with the uni and look cool at the same time. The people buying that hoody would only be associated as a surfer/extreme sports guy to the group he's in.

That make sense?

TBH it's not my favourite design ever, it's just a small logo and a bit of fancy text. I like hoodies that boldly state something, and make random people go 'oooohh wow'. People buy university hoodies because they want to be associated with the uni and look cool at the same time. The people buying that hoody would only be associated as a surfer/extreme sports guy to the group he's in.

Probably one of the best things someone could have said to me about this hoody! (no offence to the rest of you!) haha

Thanks Tim, I can see where you are coming from now.

yeah that kind of makes sense ... it will have a very narrow market ... only those who know triocean will wear it ie. surfers

arguably thats kind of the idea PurpleGIRL

this will only be sold in Triocean Surf shop and is for the younger generation

any more? thanks to all so far

true Phil Johns,
in that sense it does what it says on the tin, I'm just thinking a design that would appeal to a wider market would encourage more money in the till ... turning it into a fashion statement/fad will encourage new customers from outside as well as inside the surf world, which I assume is the point of this, as when any branded/logo'd piece of clothing is worn it becomes a walking advertisment

Good point PurpleGurl, that's caertainly something to consider Phil, obviously depending on the brief you've been given? I'm sure the big surf brands started off small as independent stores with a loyal 'in-sport' following before having success as a main stream brand. I wear some 'surf brand' clothes, but have ony ever tried surfing once! :D

Back