Homepage review

doyle369

This is my current homepage

www.willdoyle.co.uk

and this is part of my new homepage..

Im still working on it

what you think?

screennew.jpg

Remove I'm a web designer and instead use I design creative websites that work, that is self explanatory.

thing that startles me is...
"if you think you have a project that might intrest me"
This makes it sound like you're difficult and are too good for certain clients. Maybe it's just me but maybe you should stop designing homepages (you've already got one anyway), and got onto potential clients and seeing if they want work.

I wouldn't put "young" either. Let them figure that out once they actually hire you :) I've noticed that some people may be weary of using a younger person because they "think" they don't have the experience or maturity but oh are they mistaken.

I got lucky and got a deal with an auto dealership brokerage firm but I guarantee if I wasn't referred by a respected computer technician then they would've looked away easily. That's another thing...good references :)

Also, space out the links a bit, they seem slightly cramped and I think it would look better if there was more spacing between the wording and the lines....especially to the right of "FAQ's" it doesn't have a space at all it seems...try maybe 3-4 spaces in between the wording and the lines.

If you aren't pleased/proud/excited by the work you are putting up on your site to sell your talents, I wouldn't be using it at all.
If you don't think that much of it, why should you expect prospective clients to be impressed?

Apologies if that seems negative. But if you don't believe in the work you are displaying, then other people will pick up on that when you talk to them.

FAQ's!?

You don't need an apostrophe here! As someone who's trying to earn a living from visual communication you really should know how and when to use apostrophes properly. Mistakes can change the meaning of a sentence entirely.

Sorry to be so pedantic, but these things really vex me.

matt said:
FAQ's!?

You don't need an apostrophe here! As someone who's trying to earn a living from visual communication you really should know how and when to use apostrophes properly. Mistakes can change the meaning of a sentence entirely.

Sorry to be so pedantic, but these things really vex me.

Further to that, I would spellcheck all your copy, e.g. "intrest" = interest

I agree with the consensus here.

Forget about doing a home page and trying to be another of the zillion of young designers with a website and no substance or work. Concentrate on producing 2 or 3 genuine pieces of work for someone and THEN build a site to showcase your work and talents.

(.....also you've spelt the words 'design' and 'business' wrong in your body copy.)

I think it needs some padding, IM A WEB DESIGNER seems to close to the edge of the div or table or whatever, i would go through and think of other spots you could create some room because it seems a bit busy at the moment.

Back