• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Home Brew

C

chrismitchell

Just bottled my first home brew wine :) a lovely Rioja wine :) going to brew some more now :D got some Elderberry, Elderflower and Cap Sav wine to make :D fun fun fun :D

Anyone else do homebrewing?

berry

no, but always wondered if it was fun. A friend of mine used to make Elderberry wine, tasted shit but it would put you on the floor. Think he ran his Yamaha on it too!

C

chrismitchell

:lol: yeah it can be lethal :lol: looking forward to our next batch in a months time :) brewing 3 different wines at once :D going to be cool :D well recommended Berry :) very interesting learning about the process etc :)

twiggy8520

Me, my dad and grandad used to brew beer a few years back. Was always fun to see who's was the best. Grandad always won, dont know how he did it but his tasted the best all the time.

C

chrismitchell

not done beer yet.. we are thinking of doing bitter and lager when we move to a bigger place :)

mrp2049

a friend of mine got a scary homebrew absynth kit. I remember trying the brew whilst we were on holiday in breen sands, i do not remember the 15 hours after, i done remember waking up on the beech, in a pair of shorts and a vest in a hole i had dug the previous afternoon, he woke up in a cave. to this day, we have no idea what happened!

lesson to learn, dont buy a home brew kit from a country you can not pronounce!

C

chrismitchell

:lol: thats mental.. I don't think i'll get to the home brew spirits to be honest :)

mrp2049

chrismitchell said:
:lol: thats mental.. I don't think i'll get to the home brew spirits to be honest :)
Dont i know it! or not as the case is! I was thinking about growing my own salad, I dont drink so it seems like a good idea.

mrp2049

i'm moving house soon, i might try it in the new place. I couldnt do it in the best window sill in my house at the moment, my cat likes sleeping there.

Xenonsoft

A mate of mine back when I was at school made himself some wine, he was like 15 and I wasn't gonna go near that stuff! He was a bit of a nutter though :D

Harry

Xenonsoft said:
A mate of mine back when I was at school made himself some wine, he was like 15 and I wasn't gonna go near that stuff! He was a bit of a nutter though :D
I knew a guy stole some ethanol from the science lab and mixed it with Sunny D when we were 15 :lol:

mrp2049

nothing...he has a few different ways of meowing at me, its cool that i know them now, however it is annoying trying to explain to my housemates/girlfriend that i know because of the tone of his meow what he wants. they say it all sounds the same and i should get my cat to shut up!