Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Brew

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by chrismitchell, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Just bottled my first home brew wine :) a lovely Rioja wine :) going to brew some more now :D got some Elderberry, Elderflower and Cap Sav wine to make :D fun fun fun :D

Anyone else do homebrewing?

2. berry

berry Active Member

no, but always wondered if it was fun. A friend of mine used to make Elderberry wine, tasted shit but it would put you on the floor. Think he ran his Yamaha on it too!

3. :lol: yeah it can be lethal :lol: looking forward to our next batch in a months time :) brewing 3 different wines at once :D going to be cool :D well recommended Berry :) very interesting learning about the process etc :)

4. twiggy8520

twiggy8520 Senior Member

Me, my dad and grandad used to brew beer a few years back. Was always fun to see who's was the best. Grandad always won, dont know how he did it but his tasted the best all the time.

5. not done beer yet.. we are thinking of doing bitter and lager when we move to a bigger place :)

6. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

a friend of mine got a scary homebrew absynth kit. I remember trying the brew whilst we were on holiday in breen sands, i do not remember the 15 hours after, i done remember waking up on the beech, in a pair of shorts and a vest in a hole i had dug the previous afternoon, he woke up in a cave. to this day, we have no idea what happened!

lesson to learn, dont buy a home brew kit from a country you can not pronounce!

7. :lol: thats mental.. I don't think i'll get to the home brew spirits to be honest :)

8. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Dont i know it! or not as the case is! I was thinking about growing my own salad, I dont drink so it seems like a good idea.

9. my girlfriend and I grow loads of salad and herbs in window boxes :) well worth it :)

10. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

i'm moving house soon, i might try it in the new place. I couldnt do it in the best window sill in my house at the moment, my cat likes sleeping there.

11. twiggy8520

twiggy8520 Senior Member

I used to have a veg patch, but then we bought a westie and he ate/dug up the veg.

12. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

A mate of mine back when I was at school made himself some wine, he was like 15 and I wasn't gonna go near that stuff! He was a bit of a nutter though :D

13. Harry

Harry Senior Member

I knew a guy stole some ethanol from the science lab and mixed it with Sunny D when we were 15 :lol:

14. LOL well the cat would take priority LOL

15. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

he can talk back, plants cant!

16. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Cats can talk back? :eek:

17. depends on what you smoked :lol:

18. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

nothing...he has a few different ways of meowing at me, its cool that i know them now, however it is annoying trying to explain to my housemates/girlfriend that i know because of the tone of his meow what he wants. they say it all sounds the same and i should get my cat to shut up!