Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holidays and Travel

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Tony Hardy, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Who's off where this year? Anywhere nice?

I'm away to Tenerife with the family in June! Can't wait. Actually need a holiday. It's been far too long!
    Also, went to Halkidiki in Greece a few years back, it's terrible. Avoid it.

Evitoetty likes this.
  2. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Dunno Tony.
    I'd like to get off to Spain at some point as I NEED the break.
    Kinda getting itchy feet (not the fungal kind) and feeling the need for travel.

3. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I get the itchy feet thing if I haven't travelled for a while! I just have to go away at times haha :)

scotty likes this.
  4. Went to Germany for my birthday a few weeks ago, which was lovely.. now just about to move house and in the middle of 4 massive projects... then on to an even larger project for the whole Winter... don't know when i'll have free time again :p LOL

5. shaunalynn

shaunalynn Active Member

Not sure what might be in the cards this year. My family and I went to the Keys last year for my little sister's 21st, and I'm kind of hoping we go again because I love the keys.
    If not, I may work to convince mom that a mother/daughter trip to NYC is necessary. Haha! :) I do have a trip to make to Northern Florida in December (only a 2.5 hour drive) for a friend's wedding, so I'm super excited. :)

6. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I love how American's just keep holidaying in America! How would you get to NYC Shauna, fly up?

7. shaunalynn

shaunalynn Active Member

Haha, trust me, if I lived in Europe I'd be going country to country. :) If I had the money I'd vacation in Italy in a heartbeat.
    To get to NYC though, I would fly. Much faster and cheaper than driving. To the Keys, I'd just drive, it's only 6 hours.

8. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

"It's only 6 hours" Haha! You can get from one end of England to the other in that!
    And Europe's pretty exciting. Depends where you go though.

9. Basic

Basic Member

Croatia for a weeks work in July - best week ever. 3rd year running for that and I'll be heading out somewhere later on in the year and off to london for a mid week jaunt which should be good.
    Tenerife will be crazy hot I imagine. I've never been myself :(
    Chris whereabouts in Germany a good friend of mine loves it! The whole country. Did you visit any beers halls?
    Shauna Jealous! NYC - been too long since I've been there, Florida! sounds good too. Weddings are always great!

10. davewill

davewill Senior Member

Ive got a few mini breaks coming up. Going on a weekend P&O cruise from Southampton to Belgium with a few mates soon, Ive never been on a cruise before so its a little taster! Got a week in Centre Parcs coming up too in June, never been there before either!
    Me and the wife were talking about travelling last weekend, we would love to see so many places but cant really afford to quit our jobs and just go off for a year or two so we came up with an idea to start saving now and then in 2014 we will try and do 1 city break in Europe once a month, just for a weekend at a time. The plan is to book cheap flights and find some nice B&B's while we do our sightseeing. So far we are looking at Paris, Munich, Krakow, Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Vienna, Copenhagen, Zagbreg, Gothenburg and then Geneva. That'd be 12 cities, 12 different countries, in 12 months!

11. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

As many know I'm a manic Formula One fan, a dream of mine since the race started is to hit Singapore for a week, along with a flash hotel and weekend passes. I also have a full weekend vip pit lane pass for the race too. I've literally saved every single penny I can to get here and now its all paid off and I'm ready to go.
    Ill be flying out there in September with Fly Emirates and Land In Dubai for a day, then onto Singapore. Around 17 Hours...If you've never seen the race on the TV, then its kinda like this
    [​IMG]

12. balders

balders Member

2 weeks booked in the south of France from the end of July, it can't come fast enough.

13. Basic

Basic Member

That sounds mint Dave! 12 cities in 12 months! France sounds cool, where in the south are you going?
    Sounds good to Glen! VIP pass, cool. i'd love to see something like that. I was actually in Melbourne a couple of years ago when the Race was on and you could hear the Roar of the engines pretty much anywhere in the city. I think it was Albert park where they were racing. Loads of promo stuff and Krispy Creme were giving out free trays of Doughnuts!

14. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

I work for a "well known motorsports organisation" but I'm NDA'd tighter than a camels bum so I can't say who. ;)

15. Janifar

Janifar Member

Went my homedistrict Noakhali, Bangladesh. My uncle leave this world for that i have to go there :wacko: !!!

16. glenwheeler

Interesting scotty! Would love to get to know who it is. Are you based in the UK? I've been down to the Mercedes GP factory. Pretty epic. I wonder if its them? :rolleyes:

scotty likes this.
  17. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Scalextric ;)
    ....... it's got a "F" and a "1" in it.
    Yep. UK!

18. glenwheeler

Could be a few I guess, theres a few f1 based teams. Your a big F1 fan then dude?

19. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Not a team. The main organisation that runs it all.

I'm not really.
    I think there's an irony in there somewhere. :rolleyes:

20. ReeceSlack

ReeceSlack Member

off to Turkey in a few weeks for 11 nights with my partner :)
    going to marmaris, anybody been before?