Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmmm where to venture for my next holiday?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by samjacksondesign, Oct 30, 2010.

1. samjacksondesign

samjacksondesign Senior Member

Hey,

I am planning a holiday next August, any nice locations you can recommend?

Beach resorts thats nice, quiet and will keep the girlfriend happy:)

Ta,

Sam

2. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Whitley Bay....?

3. samjacksondesign

haha!

I had my mind set on something a little further a field. However Whitley Bay would be much much cheaper:)

4. Thewholehogg

Cheaper...not when you hit the bars it aint!

The cells at Whitley plod station are ok...I had a little eh 'stay there once' ahemm.

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

blackpool :p or if you want to keep it a little closer to home, you've got skegness, hunstanton, great yarmouth etc :)

6. Rhodes has some huuuuuge deserted beaches once you get away from the tourists. Zante has nice mountains and some secluded bays.

Sardinia is very under-touristy outside of Cagliari with stony beaches and lovely bays. We went last Oct and were pretty much the only non-Italianos there. Cheap direct flights too.

I fancy somewhere like India next year. Better get some work in then ;)

7. samjacksondesign

@Levi, Skegvegas is too close and im addicted to the 2P machines so i best stay clear from there:p

@leelovesbikestoo - Yer i suggested somehwere like Cyprus but i'm debating Canary Islands.

I would also like to visit that part of the world, well Abu Dhabi and Dubai to be prices however it's not the Miss's cup of tea:(

8. Morocco? (Edit: If you're not fussed about drinking!)

9. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I'm going to Germany in December! 4 days, Munich to see a friend and get a, in his own words, Nazi history lesson and then up to Berlin for a punk/skate festival!!!!

10. Thewholehogg

OO I like Berlin...I helped knock down the wall you know....I was there.

11. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

You bad bad man!!

12. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

I'm hoping to book up for Abu Dhabi next year....yes you guessed it, the grand prix!!

13. Thewholehogg

I'm off to Palma with the missus and the sprogs....May I believe.
    That should be eh...fun.

14. wac

wac Senior Member

I went to Jamaica all inclusive several years ago. It was phenomenal but has marred every holiday since.

15. Thewholehogg

Don't the locals cut off your arms if you go for a walk about outside the resort fence/defence system.

wac I just noticed your Spanish twist on your avatar..LOL.

16. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Really?

17. Thewholehogg

Yup, I was there...I got chased by commie guards in no-mans land as well....cripes!
    Check Point Charlie was still active to enter the east side.
    I was there for the take down and the Roger Waters show...right at the front I was.
    Watch the dvd...the little pink pig is next to me.

18. wac

wac Senior Member

ha, that's probably a slight exaggeration but never the less the tourist resorts there are designed so you don't have to venture out in public exepct as part of a large tour group.

19. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

wow! That is actually really impressive!

20. Thewholehogg

Also I got in trouble in Moscow in the mid '80 for looking at the T-72 tanks to closely....like you do.