Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiya!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Djsquid, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Djsquid

Djsquid New Member

Hey, I'm Ant, currently studying graphic design degree at uni hopefully looking for some advice regarding a new project I have commence.

I need plenty of good examples i.e visuals on Vintage or Retro Toy Packaging of the last century, I need to look at the way boxes or the packaging has been constructed via materials, colours, typography and illustrations etc......Need to be of good size pictures also

Any help would be absolutely fantastic!

Thank you in advance :D

2. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Hello. Do the work, it's your course. In industry people don't do the work for you.

Why are students so lazy. It's so easy now as well. Not even a walk to the library...jeez.

3. Minimalist

Minimalist Member

Hey typo, don’t know abou the library at where you live, but my librarian would shoot me one of those glances if I came asking for stuff like Djsquid ... ;)

@squid: »graphic-exchange«, »dieline« and »lovely package« might be worth a search at google ... ;)

4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

We have a very good good library here and I know I use it a lot.
    I do know that those areas are covered I've seen 'em.

However I do not use the library at present because I have a lage fine for over due DVD's...ooops.

Battlestar Galactica I believe. Returned sheepishly last week.

5. Minimalist

Minimalist Member

Lucky you :) Ours is not the bee’s knees ... :(

:p Used to let things like that happen to me too ... ;)

6. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

7. Djsquid

Djsquid New Member

Thanks Minimalist & Jimlad! Typo, take the stick outta your ass and chill out! I didn't ask for someone to do the work for me! I ask for mere advice where I may obtain some resources to Vintage Toy packaging, as I have been to my university library, and also signed up to 6 other libraries in my local area after literature, I have also purchased a book from amazon yet to come called Wham O superbook by Tim Walsh, this been the only book of the sector.

I have discovered there are very limited resources for Vintage Toy Packaging, I have managed to find enough on the Toys but the packaging itself is VERY limited, hence why I came here for advice. I didn't expect rude or obnoxious people (TYPO) great first impressions! love to see your work! suspect its very sinister =S