High resolution screen shots

pinkpig

Hi
is such a thing possible?
I've been doing screen shots of my illustrator artwork for some tutorials I've been putting together- but the resolution looks terrible.

Maybe the only way is zooming in to the individual elements so they are reasonably high res before doing a screen grab, and then a lot of editing in photoshop with close ups,putting the elements together , etc and making them look like screen shots?
(don't fancy that process though!)

How do the magazines do it?
Any advice welcome

As far as I know it's not possible.
Screenshots take a snap of the pixels that are there, to make higher res would be to take a snap of pixels that aren't there. Maybe a photo / scan of it or similar could work but I'm not sure :) Sorry not much help

I've never seen any "high res" screen shots.. the only way of making a high res screen shot would be to rebuild the whole screen in illustrator then save that in a browser window sorta thing :)

As soon as I saw the title of this thread my brain started fizzing! It would be amazing if you could do it! Think of the images you could steal! I mean think of the quality of pictures!

The only thing I can think would be screwing with channels bitmaps and resolution. That would take forever and probably look like complete arse!

If you're using a normal monitor then usually you can go beyond the native res. TFT's are harder but some can do screen spanning allowing you to increase the resolution of the os display (you then need to pan etc to get the whole screen)

If you take a normal screen shot then resize it photoshop and use the 'Nearest Neighbour' setting in the image size window. It still pixelates but does not blur like it normally would.

High res screenshots aren't possible. You would have to manually recreate the entire interface. Sometimes it's actually worth doing for print resolution stuff as the results look far more professional. But, for anything that isn't going to be either paid work or massively public work, I wouldn't bother.

Back